• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Your Minor Suit Structure Your 1NT opening

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2015-June-19, 17:20

View PostLovera, on 2015-June-19, 10:21, said:

The 2 Stayman, you surely know, allow to play in club when bidder repeat club -3(=weak)-

I'm afraid I didn't understand most of your post, but anyway this rather old-fashioned treatment has fallen out of favour.

than using 2 and together 2(=strong 11/+ p.) 2 is weak transfert and may be used how direct transfert for diamond suit.

It is very inefficient to use a bid as a weak-only transfer. The point of transfers is that responder gets another call, very often (as in this case) pass with a weak hand and something else with a strong hand.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-June-19, 18:10

View PostVampyr, on 2015-June-19, 17:20, said:

I'm afraid I didn't understand most of your post, but anyway this rather old-fashioned treatment has fallen out of favour.

It is very inefficient to use a bid as a weak-only transfer. The point of transfers is that responder gets another call, very often (as in this case) pass with a weak hand and something else with a strong hand.

About first question i can agree and, if it is, you must read "if you use 2-2x, 3-to pass". Infact this using combined is particolar.
2 ambigoeus is a my idea explained in 2 Stayman where i remind you (see in BBO Forum event or clicking in this box on Lovera and visualizing my profile via "Find My Content"), bye.

#23 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2015-June-20, 04:46

This is a hand type I needed to compromise on in my Puppet structure. Slammy minor 2-suiters are bid through 2 (range ask) folowed by 3. That will usually result in a worse position than alternatives. That said, the system uses a weak NT and this is a rare hand type in that context.

The actual hand would start with a 1 opening and then a 1 response is followed by 2 to show 15-17 balanced. Responder can now continue 2NT to show the minor 2-suiter.

To Lovera, you are running many more hand types through your Stayman response than a typical structure. It should be obvious to you that this will have knock-on effects. Sadly I don't find the idea interesting enough to work out where the problems lie - I will leave that to someone else. If you are genuinely interested in feedback I would suggest creating a new thread for it and giving the structure in detail.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#24 User is offline   mcphee 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-June-20, 04:46

Lucky me uses 3D and both minors GF over which partner has an easy 3S bid as advanced cue bid for D. Assuming they bid 4D rather than 3S I would begin with 4H. Even the NT bidder could bid key card at this point but I can't see missing 6D with these cards.

#25 User is offline   Zelandakh 

Posted 2015-June-20, 04:51

View Postmcphee, on 2015-June-20, 04:46, said:

Lucky me uses 3D and both minors GF over which partner has an easy 3S bid as advanced cue bid for D.

What is your full schedule of advances here? I think I would want to play 3 as a diamond fit in a poor hand for slam (and 3 similarly for clubs) but perhaps you have something better.

Edit: LOL at myself - I see I already wrote something to this effect earlier in the thread.
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#26 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-June-21, 00:22

Vampyr says :"I'm afraid I didn't understand most of your post" than i try to explain. When partner bids 2 with this convention indicates this type of hand and relative range of force requiring stopper(s). Opener has a stopper in spade (AK) but not in heart and bid 2. If had have K and A must bid 2(=only sure stopper in heart). With two stoppers in heart and spade instead 2NT. This information at second level, If seven tricks are available, allow to play 3NT otherwise starts searching for a minor suit to a game o slam. This Stayman conv. is not much known and that's why i have crossed it with transfert making 2 ambigueous, bye.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users