BBO Discussion Forums: Linux issues: This content requires the Adobe Flash Player - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Linux issues: This content requires the Adobe Flash Player

#1 User is offline   fph 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-12, 06:10

Since about a week (I think since I upgraded to Firefox 31, but I might be wrong) I can't log into BBO; when I browse to http://www.bridgebas...ient/client.php I get a blank page with the error message "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash!". Same problem with Chromium.

My operating system is Ubuntu 14.04. Flash is correctly installed (version 11.2.202.394) and works on other sites. It looks like a problem with the Javascript code that tries to detect the Flash version.

I have tried contacting BBO support via e-mail but I have got no useful answers.

Does anyone else have the same problem? Did you manage to fix it? Is there anyone else using Linux that does *not* experience the same issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 User is offline   BillHiggin 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-12, 07:35

I just checked, and I can log into BBO from Linux using Chromium. I cannot log in using Firefox, because of Flash problems (I abandoned Firefox when Adobe ceased support for it under Linux).
You can check your version of Flash via https://www.adobe.co...re/flash/about/
For Chromium, you will need pepperflash. Firefox is now stuck at version 11.2 for Linux and it appears that it will stay that way.
I was having some problems with Chromium and full screen mode, but those went away with recent Linux updates.
You must know the rules well - so that you may break them wisely!

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-12, 07:42

I had the same problem with firefox under ubuntu 12 but it went away when upgrading to 13. Still on 13 so dunno about 14. Never had any problems with chrome.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4 User is offline   fph 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-12, 11:58

Thanks; the info on pepper flash is useful. Still there must be something wrong with the Flash detection script that comes with the BBO client; from what I can infer from the Javascript, it checks for Flash >=9.0.0. The page you linked correctly detects my Flash plugin 11.2.

#5 User is offline   macaw 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-August-13, 11:11

Pepper flash is the plugin that works with the Chromium browser. You need a different flash plugin to work with Firefox. You might want to rename your .mozilla folder and do a fresh installation of Firefox. If something got messed up with Firefox, that's by far the easiest way to fix the problem. Then it should work with the flash plugin.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users