• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hesitation

#21 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-29, 05:03

Manastorm, on 2014-August-29, 00:51, said:

It is hard to understand why hesitation would suggest west to bid more. This is how I think about the bidding from east's point of view. 3 was wide range and the purpose of it is to make hard for the opponents to bid 3 making and 4 perhaps not making. Yes partner could have 3 cards support and very weak hand. But it is clear to me I am not thinking about saccing. I mean at best 3rd level is right for us according to the law, so I cant expect 2 levels higher sac be nowhere near the right level.
What I could be thinking after 4 is what a nice hand I have, if partner has values for X. A big mistake to hesitate like that, but to forbid the sac from partner is not right. The hesitation didnt suggest to bid more.
Did partner really think that a quick 4 would press ops to bid 4 and then it is harder to bid more because of possible hesitation by east which clearly suggest to bid more.

It's hard to believe E would be thinking of anything other than bidding (particularly if you have a bar on holding 4 cards in the other major), maybe he has a side 5 card minor or a 7th heart, either of these would encourage bidding on.

#22 User is offline   Manastorm 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-29, 05:27

Non vul vs vul suggests aggressive pre-empts in my book. I would try to find any excuse to open as high as possible, 7th heart is clear 3 or 4 depending other aspects.
The same treatment for 6 carders. A 5 card minor is only excepition which I possibly could have as it is more 2 suiter than 1 suiter. I do not know what I would bid. I have seen people open 4 with hands like that, I havent tried, but maybe it is the right thing. I think it is a rare hand and I doubt it covers most hesitations. I dont think I can have much to tell after I have squeezed the most of my hand in the 1st round. The 3 response is wide range, which doesnt really encourage to think about bidding. I think 4 doesnt make so often after sequence of bids like this that is why thought of defending it doubled is possible also.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users