BBO Discussion Forums: Decisions from BBOF individuals tourney - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Decisions from BBOF individuals tourney

#21 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-12, 06:54

View PostJonnyQuest, on 2014-August-11, 09:32, said:

As others have stated, I agree with 3NT rather than the 3 call. But I am also curious why your partner chose the delayed 2 card preference rather than supporting your five card suit.

I suppose that 4 would be support for hearts, or maybe COG which I would be ok with also. But 3 gives a bit of more room. I was somewhat concerned about a 4 eliciting a 4 bid after which it wouldn't be clear which suit was trump. I also wasn't sure that he had five hearts so I wasn't prepared to insist on hearts. I thought that with three potential sources of tricks, notrump would be safest if Jinksy could bid 3NT after my 3 bid. Not having supported spades before I thought it was clear that I had only two spades.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#22 User is offline   whereagles 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Everything!

Posted 2014-August-12, 13:57

View PostJinksy, on 2014-August-11, 09:13, said:

On 4), I was N, and was really stuck for a bid after 3.

You don't have any way to show club worries, so either you're practical and bid 3NT (who knows, maybe pard has a club stop, maybe his diamonds run) or you're pessimistic and raise partner's diamonds. It's not rocket science.

#23 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-August-12, 14:50

Thanks for the compliments Wackojack but my thought process was little more than automatically playing KA of spades and then not wanting to shorten partner's trumps (maybe partner has Qxx or something), instead trying to cut communications to your hand. It did occur to me that you might misguess since I had significantly more than a minimim. I definitely didn't think of you being forced to find my club king if I play a spade and making partner and dummy ruff, or anything deep or logical like that. The club just looked like a smart play so I went for it.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users