BBO Discussion Forums: Advertisement causing problem - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advertisement causing problem How can that be blocked?

#1 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-03, 06:55

Since a couple of days I am facing problems in BBO each time when there is an advertising coming from www.myvideo.de.

Each time when that ad is loaded BBO software slows down (slow mouse, not accepting the clicks, very slow program execution). Additional in the bottom of the screen I can see internet addresses that are going to be loaded. It seems the browswer is so busy to load all the sites that are started by the ad that there are no free resources to run the bbo flash any more in a timely manner. Additional there is music/video started making noises. I cant stop that without logging out from BBO. When the next ad loads the problem vanishes and everything works like it should but you never know how long that will take.

Who can help to block that kind of ad? I do understand that BBO is a free software and I accept that there must be advertisement to earn some money but the ad should not be too heavy. Static ads very much appreciated but noiseless is a real must. When I try to direct a tourney. I don't "hear" the TD calls any more and I am not able to react timely to any calls due to both "not hearing" and "very poor performance". When that will happen in the beginning of a tourney I have no chance to do that in an acceptable way.

I am facing the problem with both browsers that I use for BBO (IE and chrome) and I never saw that problem with any other ad up to now.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-03, 07:00

Thanks for the report, we'll block that ad (might take a few days)

#3 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-03, 07:11

Thanks

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-04, 06:00

Hi Scarlet,
That ad should be blocked now. If you see it again please send me a private message either here or on BBO (with a screenshot or the URL if not too much trouble).

Thanks,
Diana

#5 User is offline   zzyyz 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-November-24, 22:42

In the last few weeks playing on BBO has become terrible. Ads appear blocking my view of my partner. Nothing works to clear them...screen just freezes.
I play on my iPad which is quickly becoming impossible. All worked fine until a few weeks ago when BBO did some sort of update.

Please debug.

#6 User is offline   chebfarid 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-December-03, 15:34

View Postzzyyz, on 2016-November-24, 22:42, said:

In the last few weeks playing on BBO has become terrible. Ads appear blocking my view of my partner. Nothing works to clear them...screen just freezes.
I play on my iPad which is quickly becoming impossible. All worked fine until a few weeks ago when BBO did some sort of update.

Please debug.

Same problems here with version 4.0.3 !

Cheers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users