BBO Discussion Forums: Bottom quarter of hand not visible - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bottom quarter of hand not visible

#1 User is offline   rn233 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-31, 13:51

When I log on to BBO and try to play or join a tournament the bottom of the dealt hand, my hand, does not appear on the screen. I can't play if I can't see my hand. Help please anyone.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-31, 14:46

It sounds like the line separating the playing table from chat area is set too high. You should be able to "grab" that line in the middle and drag it down to an appropriate lower position on your screen.

Edit: If that's not the problem, it might be that your "zoom" is set too high and you need to reset it to 100% instead of something much higher.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-01, 09:53

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-July-31, 14:46, said:

It sounds like the line separating the playing table from chat area is set too high. You should be able to "grab" that line in the middle and drag it down to an appropriate lower position on your screen.

BBO automatically adjusts the playing area to fit in the size given. I just tried dragging the line way up, the hands shrunk so I could still see them all.

Edit: If that's not the problem, it might be that your "zoom" is set too high and you need to reset it to 100% instead of something much higher.

I haven't tried other browsers, but in Chrome the Flash window used by BBO is not affected by zoom.

In other threads where people have reported problems with the layout of the BBO window, it has been due to third-party browser extensions. I don't remember the specific one, though. I'll see if I can find them.

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-01, 10:11

View Postbarmar, on 2014-August-01, 09:53, said:

BBO automatically adjusts the playing area to fit in the size given. I just tried dragging the line way up, the hands shrunk so I could still see them all.
In IE10 (using Windows8), there is a point at which the table will no longer get any smaller, and the bottom of the table disappears. I didn't measure, but I estimate it's when only 45% of the screen height is above the line.

View Postbarmar, on 2014-August-01, 09:53, said:

I haven't tried other browsers, but in Chrome the Flash window used by BBO is not affected by zoom.
This is clearly not the case for me. When I make zoom 150%, the table requires at least 2/3 of the screen before it starts to disappear, and I do not at all have access to anything that is normally towards the bottom of my screen, including the bottom line where I would type in my participation in chat and the last hand played diagram under my scoresheet on the right.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-01, 10:22

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-August-01, 10:11, said:

In IE10 (using Windows8), there is a point at which the table will no longer get any smaller, and the bottom of the table disappears. I didn't measure, but I estimate it's when only 45% of the height is above the line.

Yeah, looks like I just didn't try hard enough before. The limit is appears to be in pixels, not percentages, because I hit the same wall when the chat area is small but I resize the whole window. If he's on a low-resolution screen, it may be easier for him to run into it.

This is clearly not the case for me. When I make zoom 150%, the table requires at least 2/3 of the screen before it starts to disappear, and I do not at all have access to the bottom line where I would type in my participation in chat.

Must be an IE thing, or maybe Windows. I tried Chrome, FF, and Safari on the Mac, and none of them did anything when I zoomed.

I found a thread where someone complained that their chat area was missing, and it was turned out to be due to a Chrome extension, but they didn't say which.

#6 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-13, 13:43

Some extensions create their own status bar which is not taken into account when flash calculates the screen size. Try disabling all extensions to see if this helps.
If it does then it's a simple matter of "elimination play" to find the culprit :)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users