Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

iPad app - chat box enhancements

#1 User is offline   stampdxer 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-25, 10:06

1) capability to scroll back. sometimes comments get lost before i can read them

2) highlight and copy text. in order to do web searches etc. alternate copy chat to clipboard.

#2 User is offline   henkj 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-August-20, 09:06

Let me congrats BBO with the new Android version.
I higly appreciate the new version, particularly now the efficient use of space for the standard buttons, goving much more space for the chat column.
Also it is very nice now to be able to switch so fast to the other table in a match :)

Like someone said, only a few other items to be solved...
Scrolling the chat box... copying parts of it ....

And generally I would appreciate to receive better cards while playing tournaments... But thst is another topic, not suited here :)

Kindest regards
Henkj

#3 User is offline   fred 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-August-20, 09:48

View Posthenkj, on 2014-August-20, 09:06, said:

Let me congrats BBO with the new Android version.
I higly appreciate the new version, particularly now the efficient use of space for the standard buttons, goving much more space for the chat column.
Also it is very nice now to be able to switch so fast to the other table in a match :)

Like someone said, only a few other items to be solved...
Scrolling the chat box... copying parts of it ....

And generally I would appreciate to receive better cards while playing tournaments... But thst is another topic, not suited here :)

Kindest regards
Henkj

Thanks Henk - I am glad you like the new version.

Unfortunately the various attempts I have made it allow scrolling in the chat area have resulted in serious problems. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is a bug in the framework we use for development purposes.

I will certainly keep my eye open for solutions and, if I find one, I will add it to a future version.

So far I have not investigated the possibility of copying chat and I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement (it might be trivial and it might be effectively impossible). I will add this to my list of things to look into.

Fred Gitelman
Bridge Base Inc.
www.bridgebase.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users