BBO Discussion Forums: Can´t login in, can´t play error 788 - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can´t login in, can´t play error 788

#1 User is offline   dinaconce 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-22, 15:36

Hi everybody, I have already download the prgrame of Bridge Base Online and register in both, the program and on the website as dinaconce. I´ve tryed to play on the program installed in my computer and I can not, everytime I try to login to play it pops up a message window saying Login rejected. Try to login or register on www.bridgebase.com followed by the ERROR 788. I have done all of that stuff and I still can´t play. Thanks already, jhon.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-22, 15:53

The downloadable windows client program is being gradually phased out.

Those who had BBO accounts from olden days can still use it, but new accounts are forced to use the web-based Flash interface (if in Windows) or alternatively the Android or iOS app if using those mobile devices.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   johnjo42 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-28, 10:34

I think that this is a great pity. I have used the windows version for years and even though I have tried the web version I simply don't like it. I will continue to use the windows version so long as I can

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-July-28, 13:47

Yes there are some features of the download client which can never ever be available in the flash version, due to limitations imposed by flash.

But there are others, I feel, where theoretically at least there is a potential for the flash client to provide the same functionality (speaking as a non programmer so I could be talking out of my arse).

Rather than address those possibilities (I think that they have had enough time by now to do so, had they been so inclined, don't you agree?), instead there has been a policy decision to pile additional features into the flash interface ad nauseam with the feeling that ultimately the cumulative weight of those features will more than offset the features exclusively available in the download client.

Speaking personally, as a long time sceptic of the flash interface, I am now a convert. That cumulative weight has reached the "tipping point", some versions back. And yet I think that concentrating resources into providing in the flash interface some of the features provided in the download client would pay dividends in converting the remaining die-hards.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#5 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2014-July-30, 08:24

1eyedjack, on 2014-July-28, 13:47, said:

providing in the flash interface some of the features provided in the download client would pay dividends in converting the remaining die-hards.

I'm not so sure. There aren't a lot of things that the older version had ( imo!) that people should care about.

Rubber bridge tables
Chat rooms
Vugraph operator stuff

Are the primary missing features. Even when we were all Windows, the Rubber Bridge rooms and chatrooms were not heavily used.

My instinct is that the die-hards remain so bec. they're content with whatever they get from the Windows version and that's hard to combat.

Other possibilities are "chat logs", and perhaps "hand records at bidding tables" - what am I missing?

U

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-July-30, 11:38

How about the facility to see who is at what table (other than your own) in a swiss tourney?

Or to be able to receive tourney chat after your table has completed the last board?

Just or starters.

#7 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2014-July-30, 13:10

I don't think you can see the kibs ( just the # of kibs, in the windows version ) at another table while you're at a table, in either version.

edit: maybe u meant players? You can click on BBO-Now, and drill down to your tourney, tho that's cumbersome

Maybe we should allow the T-chat post T.

#8 User is offline   Rain 

Posted 2014-July-30, 13:12

1eyedjack, on 2014-July-30, 11:38, said:

How about the facility to see who is at what table (other than your own) in a swiss tourney?

Or to be able to receive tourney chat after your table has completed the last board?

Just or starters.

1eyedjack, you can actually see who is at what table in any tourney, though admittedly, clunkier way.

When at tourney, click BBO NOW, then click "Tourneys starting soon". Change it to "Running" and look for your tourney.
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#9 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-02, 10:45

Rain, on 2014-July-30, 13:12, said:

1eyedjack, you can actually see who is at what table in any tourney, though admittedly, clunkier way.

When at tourney, click BBO NOW, then click "Tourneys starting soon". Change it to "Running" and look for your tourney.

OK have tried it out and as you say, clunky.

So clunky, in fact, that to suggest that it approaches a solution is a gross overstatement.

Part of the problem is that having opened that window you cannot do anything other than close it again before doing anything else. Had there been a facility to re-set the focus to your own table, preferably with an option to minimise that window, then it may have been worthy of the adjective workaround, albeit still somewhat on the clunky side.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users