Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Total Points scoring

#1 User is offline   connect_8 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-19, 07:19

In all the time that I have played in BBO, I have never, till recently, seen a free tournament use 'Total Points' as the scoring method. Using 'Total Points' means that each table plays different hands....you are at the mercy of the dealer. It is NOT a fair tournament.

There is a public club, called Total Points Tournament Club, which has a large and faithful following, but it is a knock-out tournament, and therefore works very well.

I do not think that there should be availability for a group to use total points and run a 'tournament, so called' for 2 tables.

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-19, 10:14

View Postconnect_8, on 2014-July-19, 07:19, said:

I do not think that there should be availability for a group to use total points and run a 'tournament, so called' for 2 tables.

Who made you the arbiter of what other people should or should not be allowed to do? If people want to do this and you think it's silly, then don't participate.

#3 User is offline   connect_8 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-20, 12:52

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-July-19, 10:14, said:

Who made you the arbiter of what other people should or should not be allowed to do? If people want to do this and you think it's silly, then don't participate.

I e-mailed support@bbo with this query, and I had a reply from Caelin, asking me to put my point in the forums, where the software people would see it.
I do not pretend to know more about anything than anyone else, but I am allowed an opinion......as you are,Mr Bradley

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-20, 22:50

View Postconnect_8, on 2014-July-19, 07:19, said:

View Postconnect_8, on 2014-July-20, 12:52, said:

... I do not pretend to know more about anything than anyone else, but I am allowed an opinion......as you are,Mr Bradley

My opinion is that this is a silly scoring system, but I am not arrogant enough to think that "there should not be availability" for others to play in a way that they like that I happen to think is silly.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users