Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to gain a 22 IMP swing!

#1 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-11, 20:01

I have tried to post the hand but I can't figure out how to do it. I saved it in my own file but I don't see how to transfer it to the BB.

At IMPS South held Jxxx, AKx, AQT, Kxx. North held K9x, Qx, K, AQJTxxx.

At most tables, including mine, South opened 1NT, 2NT trf to C, 3C, 3D shortness, 3NT, 4NT Blackwood for C, 5C 0 or 3, 6C. At these tables W lead from xx of Spades, AQ of S and a ruff, down 2 for -8.6 IMPS And I thought I might not be high enough.

But at one table the auction proceeded the same way through 4NT, and opener showed only 2 Key Cards with 5H. N still bid 6C but got a different lead, making 13 tricks for +13.4 IMPS! A 22 IMP reward for misresponding to Blackwood!

This isn't a complaint about the bots, but it is interesting sometimes how a very minor change in the auction will cause them to make a different opening lead, often leading to a very different result. A couple of pairs bid 6NT which of course also fails on a S lead, but it was not found.

Actually yes, one complaint about the bots. A human N, finding the partnership off 2 Key Cards, would bid 5S, an unbid suit, asking partner to correct to 5NT. The bots don't seem to know that bid, I have seen several instances where it could have been used, but was not.

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-12, 00:22

Here's your hand. You can find it when looking in "Myhands" and entering your name, then clicking on "Movie". To enter it here you need to replace the first part of the URL (until the question mark) with a [hv= tag, put a closing bracket in the end (]), then write the size (I used 400|300) and close the hv tag ([/hv])

IOW you go from this:
http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?bbo=y&...
To this:
[hv=bbo=y&...]400|300[/hv]

#3 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-12, 00:25

Here are the ones who made slam:

#4 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 17:21

View PostAntrax, on 2014-July-12, 00:22, said:

Here's your hand. You can find it when looking in "Myhands" and entering your name, then clicking on "Movie". To enter it here you need to replace the first part of the URL (until the question mark) with a [hv= tag, put a closing bracket in the end (]), then write the size (I used 400|300) and close the hv tag ([/hv])

IOW you go from this:
http://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?bbo=y&...
To this:
[hv=bbo=y&...]400|300[/hv]

#5 User is offline   iandayre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 17:24

I appreciate you trying to help Antrax but I couldn't begin to follow your directions if my life depended on it. I have never heard of an "HV Tag" and I have no idea what you are telling me to do with it, if I did know what it was.

#6 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 22:07

Focus on the last four lines, then. You have a web address that starts with "http...". You paste it here. Then you replace certain parts of it as shown in the line below and voila.

If I thought of an easy way to give people access to a script that does this, I would. It's ultimately a very simple textual replacement.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users