Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mobile viewer please bring it back

#1 User is offline   mrdct 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-10, 19:58

A while back BBO disabled the Mobile viewer which used to be accessible from www.bridgebase.com/mobile but that url now directs users to either use the desktop flash version or download the iPhone or Android app on their portable device.

The non-android/iphone mobile version had a very similar look to the myhands viewer and was particularly efficient on a smartphone for watching vugraph or kibitzing an interesting table. I realise that I can do these things with the smartphone/tablet apps, however, my HTPC has a Linux-based OS and a web browser that cannot do flash and cannot install Android apps . To be specific, my HTPC is a Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC.

Even on a desktop computer, I found the mobile viewer the most efficient way of watching multiple tables at once. Perhaps to avoid confusion with the iPhone/Android apps, it would be better named "miniviewer" or similar.

My life enjoyment factor would be greatly enhanced if BBO reactivated this feature.
Disclaimer: The above post may be a half-baked sarcastic rant intended to stimulate discussion and it does not necessarily coincide with my own views on this topic.
I bidding the suit below the suit I'm actually showing not to be described as a "transfer" for the benefit of people unfamiliar with the concept of a transfer

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users