BBO Discussion Forums: Handviewer Upgraded - please post feedback and comments here - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Handviewer Upgraded - please post feedback and comments here Card by card replay

#21 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-July-09, 12:55

View Poststeve2005, on 2014-July-08, 15:00, said:

don't want to clear my cache, it will get rid of saved password and preferences.

No it won't. Those are in cookies, not the cache.

#22 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-09, 13:11

No, when I was getting "Play" on the left I was not getting the other new options.

Selectively clearing cache (removing Temporary Internet Files and Cookies while preserving things associated with favorites and saved passwords) did the trick in IE10.

I'm glad to see that Handviewer remembers that I've selected the option "Advance trick by trick" so I don't have to select this every time; I think this is clearly the preferable method.

#23 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2014-July-10, 06:33

We could make tricky-by-trick the default easily enough if enough people say that. Or find a way to avoid the option altogether

#24 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-July-10, 09:16

I see no need to change the coding, since the site remembers each user's preference from his previous use of the feature.

#25 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2014-July-13, 14:24

Beautiful. Thank you.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

#26 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 18:30

It seems that BBO support win7(64-bit),only! never support win7(32-bit) or xp.

1) I can't upload Lin file in "My Hand Folder"
According to my research,I can upload lin file in my hand folder if I use win 7(64-bit),but never do in win 7 (32-bit) ,never do in win xp.

2)While Vulgraph,I can open its link when I click the username of player if I use win7(64-bit),never in win7(32-bit) or xp.

3)While visit BBO News,I never open its link in win7(32-bit) or xp,but ok in win7(64-bit).

#27 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-July-13, 22:37

I have not yet been able to get the card-by-card play to work. It still goes trick-by-trick,.

IE11 on windows 8.1, 64 bit.

I have tried deleting everything bar cookies. No help.

Not a big issue for me.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#28 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-13, 22:42

View Postlycier, on 2014-July-13, 18:30, said:

It seems that BBO support win7(64-bit),only! never support win7(32-bit) or xp.

1) I can't upload Lin file in "My Hand Folder"
According to my research,I can upload lin file in my hand folder if I use win 7(64-bit),but never do in win 7 (32-bit) ,never do in win xp.

2)While Vulgraph,I can open its link when I click the username of player if I use win7(64-bit),never in win7(32-bit) or xp.

3)While visit BBO News,I never open its link in win7(32-bit) or xp,but ok in win7(64-bit).

None of these have anything to do with the Handviewer tool.

#29 User is offline   winkle 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-July-13, 23:18

I don't like the pop up profiles.

1. They pop up too easily. Too frequently they would pop up when I don't want them do, just from normal cursor movements.

2. They are too big and too distracting. They pop up within the confines of the handviewer, covering 1/4 of cards/auctions in the deal. It's also irritating that I have to explicitly click them away.

3. Even if (1) and (2) are fixed I still don't see when I would find the profile information useful. IMO there is very little useful information in the profile anyways, and most of the time I already know the people who are playing the deals I'm using the handviewer for.
My name is Winkle.

#30 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-14, 02:01

View Postbarmar, on 2014-July-13, 22:42, said:

None of these have anything to do with the Handviewer tool.

After I copy handviewer link,I also can't open its link,but before I can.
So I have to say that BBO support win7(64-bit) in some functions,only! never support win7(32-bit) or xp.

bty,now about 65-70% people are using win xp.for example,most of players in our china bridge club are using win xp.And I know many of chinese players have to reback domestic bridge site dueto net problems,now I think it should add a bbo application problem.

#31 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-14, 09:10

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-July-13, 22:37, said:

I have not yet been able to get the card-by-card play to work. It still goes trick-by-trick,.

IE11 on windows 8.1, 64 bit.

I have tried deleting everything bar cookies. No help.

Not a big issue for me.

We just deployed a new version that should fix the IE11 problem. Clear your cache and try again.

#32 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-14, 09:12

View Postlycier, on 2014-July-14, 02:01, said:

After I copy handviewer link,I also can't open its link,but before I can.
So I have to say that BBO support win7(64-bit) in some functions,only! never support win7(32-bit) or xp.

bty,now about 65-70% people are using win xp.for example,most of players in our china bridge club are using win xp.And I know many of chinese players have to reback domestic bridge site dueto net problems,now I think it should add a bbo application problem.

There's nothing in our code that should depend on the version of Windows. What matters mostly is the version of Internet Explorer and Flash Player.

BTW, Microsoft no longer supports Windows XP.

http://www.microsoft...of-support.aspx

However, I expect that most of our Windows users are using XP, so I'm sure it works fine in XP. I don't know why you're having so many problems, they are not a general problem for our users. Are other Chinese users also having similar problems? Maybe it's specific to the Chinese version, or caused by the GFWOC.

#33 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-July-14, 14:09

View Postbarmar, on 2014-July-14, 09:10, said:

We just deployed a new version that should fix the IE11 problem. Clear your cache and try again.

No change here. I expect that there is something that I am failing to delete. don't sweat it, I ain't bothered
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#34 User is offline   shevek 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:whippets<br>anarchy<br>relay

Posted 2014-July-27, 19:01

As a teacher, it would be great if I could step through the BIDS on hands I keyed in via the old bridgevue.
Too much to ask?

#35 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2014-September-07, 10:16

I like the changes a lot. Would love to see these improvements some day:

Display profiles on mouseover only (not mouse click) or disable display of profiles by default and add an option to activate display of profiles. The display of profiles is annoying when reviewing multiple hands in kib mode.

Add a parameter for specifying a player to kib which takes values of w,n,s,e,-.

Support stepping through bidding
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users