• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Stop Card

#41 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-11, 17:43

View Postnige1, on 2014-July-11, 17:40, said:

I don't agree with ArtK78's argument. It's hard to estimate time, when you have to think about what to call. My suggestions are based on the (superior) UK regulation. Here, it's the jump-bidder, who's responsible for the stop-duration. This allows LHO to concentrate on his call, without distraction.

Yes, I believe that requiring e person who has to think about his bid to also regulate the time he is taking is bonkers.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#42 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-11, 20:30

View Postnige1, on 2014-July-11, 17:16, said:

I agree that inappropriate rules won't help, whether they be regulations or laws. The suggested new rules are for normal use with bidding-boxes. Different rules might be appropriate for different circumstances (e.g. screens, written-bidding, and so on). I don't argue with directors. When others do so, it rarely accomplishes anything. I expressed my concerns to our team-captain. He sympathised but took the matter no further.

Who said anything about arguing? Not me. I'd give him my opinion. He can stick it wherever he likes.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users