Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cute falsecard - confuse thy opp JEC vs BBF July 5 - Bd 25

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-July-06, 14:39

I liked this falsecard from our young and mean opps in JEC yesterday :) Click NEXT to follow the play till trick 9. I know I could have played the contract better, and I did think he's falsecarding but still he managed to confuse me enough to get it wrong:

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-July-06, 15:15

It is hard to get these right, especially after the falsecard.

With out it, you always go right. Why? he needs the QJ because if his partner had the Q he would not have passed 1NT overcall with 9 hcp.

The only real clue you have to possibly lead you in the right way was the discard by West on the second heart. West is marked with five red cards (4 1). With 5 and 3 seems more likely he would discard a spade. Maybe the low club was a strong "I got the A signal, but a high spade then might serve the same purpose. So it looks like West is either 4-4 in the blacks or has five clubs and three spades.

You might should have tried a heart instead of a club from dummy when you ruff the 13th diamond. That will get another discard by West which might be very helpful, and if the club ACE is with West, you have a club entry to pull the last trump so not to have to guess the black suits. Still, East made the only play that really gives you a problem, you got to give him credit.

--Ben--

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-06, 15:59

View Postinquiry, on 2014-July-06, 15:15, said:

The only real clue you have to possibly lead you in the right way was the discard by West on the second heart. West is marked with five red cards (4 1). With 5 and 3 seems more likely he would discard a spade. Maybe the low club was a strong "I got the A signal, but a high spade then might serve the same purpose. So it looks like West is either 4-4 in the blacks or has five clubs and three spades.

This.

That was my exact reasoning at the table, yet I was pretty shook up after losing so many IMPs and didn't trust my judgement anymore. I liked that our opp took full advantage of our state of mind and did something so simple yet effective.

#4 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-26, 12:52

trick 6 rho pitched a club vs a spade you have to figure they were trying to score up their
small trump via a club ruff opps carding (actions speak louder than words) is a secondary clue.
Anyway why not continue with a top heart now you want to draw the small trump before rho can ruff
or get an uppercut. There may be no way to stop you from pulling the last trump if lho has the club ace.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users