• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-July-30, 17:45

It took me <10 seconds to find this on the IBAA website

Contact us
If you have a problem or concern please email us

excomm@bridgeaddicts.com

Describe your problem giving us as much detail as you can and we will try to help.

The Executive Committee

IBAA

#22 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-30, 19:06

View Postlordc, on 2014-July-30, 15:35, said:

I have attempted on more than one occasion to log on to IBAA with no success. How can I tell them what I feel if I can't reach them?

In addition to jillybean's observation, you could go to their website, click on "Log in", then click on "Lost your password?", and provide the same email address you provided when you originally registered. Hopefully, you remember that.

#23 User is offline   lordc 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Scrabble, most sports

Posted 2014-August-10, 20:28

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-July-30, 19:06, said:

In addition to jillybean's observation, you could go to their website, click on "Log in", then click on "Lost your password?", and provide the same email address you provided when you originally registered. Hopefully, you remember that.

More than once I have attempted exactly what you say, but it won't even let me onto the website!

#24 User is offline   lordc 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-August-21, 17:45

This email address does not work. It was returned to me as undeliverable.

View Postjillybean, on 2014-July-30, 17:45, said:

It took me <10 seconds to find this on the IBAA website

Contact us

excomm@bridgeaddicts.com

Describe your problem giving us as much detail as you can and we will try to help.

The Executive Committee

IBAA

#25 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-August-21, 18:08

View Postlordc, on 2014-August-21, 17:45, said:

View Postjillybean, on 2014-July-30, 17:45, said:

excomm@bridgeaddicts.com

This email address does not work. It was returned to me as undeliverable.

There is supposed to be a hyphen between "bridge" and "addicts". The above text is incorrect on their website. You might want to point this out to them when you email them about your other issues.

View Postlordc, on 2014-August-10, 20:28, said:

More than once I have attempted exactly what you say, but it won't even let me onto the website!

I'm guessing that you didn't include the hyphen, which is included in the link in my post #2 in this thread.

#26 User is offline   lordc 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-August-23, 22:49

View PostBbradley62, on 2014-August-21, 18:08, said:

There is supposed to be a hyphen between "bridge" and "addicts". The above text is incorrect on their website. You might want to point this out to them when you email them about your other issues.

I'm guessing that you didn't include the hyphen, which is included in the link in my post #2 in this thread.

Thanks - I'll try that

#27 User is offline   lordc 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-August-23, 23:05

View Postlordc, on 2014-August-23, 22:49, said:

Thanks - I'll try that

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but that didn't work either. I will ask TD next time I play.

#28 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-August-24, 12:15

I actually get the same website with or without the hyphen:
http://www.bridge-addicts.com/
http://www.bridgeaddicts.com/

#29 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-August-24, 12:51

The site doesn't load for me either. It never did. I always thought it was some geo IP restriction, but lordc seems to be located in the US, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

#30 User is offline   Oof Arted 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-August-27, 03:43

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-August-24, 12:51, said:

The site doesn't load for me either. It never did. I always thought it was some geo IP restriction, but lordc seems to be located in the US, so that doesn't make any sense to me.

It works here in the UK no problem getting on :rolleyes:

#31 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-31, 03:51

I can access the site, no prob.

Only did it as a test - no particular interest.

But I did notice this script on their home page:

"We formed Bridge Addicts when many players asked us to form a club where they could play and socialize in a fun atmosphere while at the same time providing all levels of play competitiveness. One of the things required to do this is to make the tournaments in the Swiss format."

I am curious to know what is the connection between the first sentence and the second.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#32 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-August-31, 04:38

View Postlordc, on 2014-August-23, 23:05, said:

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but that didn't work either. I will ask TD next time I play.

Have you tried flushing your DNS cache? No guarantees, and don't ask me why - I just repeat advice received when things like this occasionally happen to me.

Assuming windows.

load a command prompt with admin rights.

type

ipconfig /flushdns

mildly curious for feedback on whether it works

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#33 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-August-31, 07:42

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-August-31, 03:51, said:

I am curious to know what is the connection between the first sentence and the second.
If the tournament includes a wide range of skill levels, it is certainly better if, by the end of the tournament, those who are doing well are playing against each other and those who are doing poorly are also doing so. You don't want the top few pairs playing against the bottom few pairs, to see who does a better job of shooting fish in a barrel; you want them going head-to-head.

#34 User is offline   bartonfinc 

• Pip

Posted 2014-September-28, 21:57

I'm fairly new here and have mixed feelings on the whole subject:

1) Sure rules are rules and whoever runs the tourney can make whatever rules he/she wants
2) If there is some software reason that makes it a hassle to let a booted player back, it makes sense not to let them back
3) If it's not a pain for the person running the tourney to let a player back, then IMO it's ridiculous not to.
A pair comes to play as a pair, a sub is someone hanging around to be helpful. A sub should have no expectation on how long they play.
If removed from one table, they can go to another.
4) I can't imagine a sub would ever refuse, to allow the original pard to return. I can't imagine anything more impolite.

#35 User is offline   onoway 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-October-27, 15:13

Well from another pov.. I won't offer to sub for the ACBL precisely because I know that when the player returns I will get booted. I am going to hang around for an hour or so and not get involved with anything else interesting on the off chance I MIGHT get to play one hand? no. And as one who sometimes runs tourneys, it is often difficult enough to get subs at all that I'm simply NOT going to boot them if and when a player returns. However, having said that, if a player asks a sub and the sub offers to let the original player sit, then fine. I'm not going to lean on them to do so though.

It always astonishes me when people go into free tourneys run by volunteers and offer opinions about what those TDs MUST do or change to suit them..they can always go to the paid tourneys which are run according to their preferences, presumably, or even better, offer to host some tourneys themselves and be a shining beacon for all the rest of us.It seems very very few - if any - complainers ever do though.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users