BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Saturday July 12 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Saturday July 12 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) Last JEC TM till after the Vegas NABC - pls apply here to play

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-July-05, 17:15

Please apply here if you'd like to play this Saturday at 2PM New York Time (8PM Central Europe) vs JEC and his team.

There will be a break after this match, and we'll resume after the Summer Nationals.

I'll be on vacation from July 9 till July 18 or so. Not sure how to go about fielding a team, I'll have a laptop with me, but do hope I'll be somewhere with no internet :P Anyway I'll do my best to check on the Forums and give our lineup to susina in time.

#2 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-06, 11:34

Hi

Would love to play. I have played 3-4 JEC matches before as a part of JICL-Cayne match which Jantien used to organize. Came close to beating them once, 2 bad boards towards d end and lost by 20 odd imps. Have even played in JEC's team once in a susy match, partnering Matt Meckstroth.

In live bridge, I have won this years Maharashtra state championships in India and have done well in winter nationals before that, being in prize list (top 10 ) for 3 out of the 4 events I participated in.

I know helene_t, foobar and straube and have often played against / with them. (helene was also a teammate once in a live tourney in India). I prefer prec but am ok with 2/1 as well. I do not mind discussing / practising for as long as p wants/ as needed by the team before the match.

Jenish :)

#3 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2014-July-06, 17:29

Well I'd kinda fancy a go - not because I have any expectation of doing well, but because I think such an experience could really help improve my bridge.

I have no partner and of course if stronger players/partnerships are available go with them

Eagles
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#4 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip

Posted 2014-July-07, 11:45

I can partner shengabus. Have played with him a few times before and needless to say he is a pretty good player. Writes good articles which are posted on BBO news too.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-07, 12:31

View Postjs1986, on 2014-July-07, 11:45, said:

I can partner shengabus. Have played with him a few times before and needless to say he is a pretty good player. Writes good articles which are posted on BBO news too.

Jenish I know you from BBO Juniors/JICL and I know Yuan from BBO/BW/News, but your only two posts in the Forums so far are applications to play JEC.

BBO Forum is not a match-maker platform to play against JEC, it's an online discussion board. Would have been a good idea to make a few posts before applying to play as a representative of a forum where you made zero posts.

You are in, and I hope you'll come back and post some interesting hands from the match. I'm sure both you and Yuan could contribute a great deal to this community :)

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-07, 12:35

View Posteagles123, on 2014-July-06, 17:29, said:

Well I'd kinda fancy a go - not because I have any expectation of doing well, but because I think such an experience could really help improve my bridge.

I have no partner and of course if stronger players/partnerships are available go with them

Eagles

Eagles, you have to find a partner yourself, I won't match you with someone randomly :) Ask around your fav posters/friends/partners, see if anyone will agree and post here please.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-09, 06:35

Guys, I'm packing and hopefully off to the beautiful Black Sea by tomorrow. Any progress here?

Eagles, did you find a pd?

Anyone else willing to play?

I should tell susi today how likely it is that we'll have a team so that she starts looking for subs just in case.

#8 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip

Posted 2014-July-09, 12:21

susy? isnt it a 28 board cayne match?

#9 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-10, 03:55

View Postjs1986, on 2014-July-09, 12:21, said:

susy? isnt it a 28 board cayne match?

Yes. Susy is coordinating it.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#10 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip

Posted 2014-July-11, 11:16

I hope this is ON and we have teammates?

#11 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip

Posted 2014-July-12, 06:39

still awaiting reply :)

#12 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-July-12, 06:58

While you await her reply, why not make some actual bridge posts to give something in return for this opportunity? Like Diana said, this is not a matchmaking website. I personally don't feel comfortable with the BBO Forums being represented by two total strangers and I don't think I'm the only one. We sometimes can't find volunteers, that is too bad, but it doesn't mean that we should field random people who log in and make 3 posts. I accept Diana's decision to let you play, of course, but I still don't like that you don't want to post anything else other than "can I play? can I play?" (however politely).
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#13 User is offline   js1986 

• Pip

Posted 2014-July-12, 11:44

View Postgwnn, on 2014-July-12, 06:58, said:

While you await her reply, why not make some actual bridge posts to give something in return for this opportunity? Like Diana said, this is not a matchmaking website. I personally don't feel comfortable with the BBO Forums being represented by two total strangers and I don't think I'm the only one. We sometimes can't find volunteers, that is too bad, but it doesn't mean that we should field random people who log in and make 3 posts. I accept Diana's decision to let you play, of course, but I still don't like that you don't want to post anything else other than "can I play? can I play?" (however politely).

I was going to post interesting hands from the match. Sincere apologies if I have made people uncomfortable. Will try to be active here :)

#14 User is offline   gwnn 

• Csaba the Hutt
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:bye

Posted 2014-July-13, 08:37

View Postjs1986, on 2014-July-12, 11:44, said:

I was going to post interesting hands from the match. Sincere apologies if I have made people uncomfortable. Will try to be active here :)

Sure, good luck with that. But "sincere apologies if..." is already a contradiction. I hope you stay though, even if you make a few dozen posts I think everyone will be happier to accept you as a member rather than someone who just wants to play next time. Anyway, as you see there is break coming up now, so you have plenty of time.
... and I can prove it with my usual, flawless logic.
      George Carlin

#15 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 17:34

Next week I can play. I am comfortable to play with any of the active BBF members of any level.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#16 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-13, 22:49

Doesn't JEC go to the NABC? There probably won't be games the next 2 weekends.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users