BBO Discussion Forums: Teaching Table Capabilities - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Teaching Table Capabilities World Class Star needs to sit in all 4 seats but not host table

#1 User is offline   BabsG 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-July-04, 13:45

I do special events on BBO for the BIL and have run across this problem numerous times. Many of my presenters are World Class and are quite conversant with playing on BBO. But when it comes to setting up and working a teaching table, they are either uncomfortable or clueless being the host. Some would like to do audio but are not familiar with the new version. Some would like to load special hands, either from files or from tournaments, and be able to reload after play. Some would just like to not have to worry about controlling the table, but would like to demonstrate from all 4 seats.

At the moment I am working with a World Class Star who would like me to host the table and upload/reload the hands, but he would like to sit in all 4 seats to demonstrate bidding and play. Of course, this is not possible.

I realize that BBO is not in the 'teaching' business, but I would PAY BBO to be able to accommodate World Class and Stars who volunteer their time to assist us emerging players.

An consideration given to software changes that would allow the host of a teaching table to seat a player (other than the host) in all 4 seats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Babs

#2 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-July-31, 00:28

View PostBabsG, on 2014-July-04, 13:45, said:

An consideration given to software changes that would allow the host of a teaching table to seat a player (other than the host) in all 4 seats would be greatly appreciated.

Hi BabsG,
You're not alone in wanting this. Far from it.
I created a similar request (but perhaps your's is better) about transferring hosts which would not just help teaching but also teams to postmortem a match. This is something that other bridge platforms don't offer.
It got plenty of support and seems to be a recurring request.
http://www.bridgebas...scussing-table/

Alan

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users