BBO Discussion Forums: Berry Westra's Fit Points - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Berry Westra's Fit Points How do they work ?

#1 User is offline   BonzoDogge 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-02, 16:51

While playing on Jack I noticed the programme re-evaluates hands using " Fit Points " as taught by Berry Westra. Does anybody know exactly how they work ? It'd be nice to know the reasoning behind some of Jack's bidding.

#2 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-02, 23:57

Hi!

You can adjust the fit points in Jack. This is explained in section 16.5 of the help file.

When you make a convention card, you go through various dialogue boxes. In the first dialogue box, where you define your basic system, there is a tick box for "fit points". Next to this tick box there is a button to edit the fit points table. So you can adjust the fit points the way you like them.

There are a few predefined fit point methods, such as 1/3/5 for shortness and Berry Westra's method. If you click on the "Berry" button, you can see how it works:

Shortness:
Doubleton: +1
Singleton: +2
Void: +3

It subtracts for short honors:
A: 0
K: -2
Q: -2
J: -1

QJ: -1
Qx: -1
Jx: -1

For extra trumps:
9: +1
10: +1
11: +1

You can change all these values and set them to your own preferences.

I hope this helped.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

#3 User is offline   BonzoDogge 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-July-03, 05:09

Brilliant ! :)

Many thanks Rik.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users