BBO Discussion Forums: BBO down?? Can't log on... - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO down?? Can't log on...

#1 User is offline   atlantajon 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Skiing, Bridge, Hiking, Camping, Making sure that my wife is happy and has everything she wants/needs.

Posted 2014-June-28, 11:47

Is there some issue with bbo? I have been having issues logging on for the past few days. I haven't changed anything on my MACBook... but can't seem to log in. The left hand ad window seems to load fine, but when I enter my login info...all I get is the rotating lines telling me that it is trying to log on...then after about a minute... I get a connection lost message. Anyone know what is up??

#2 User is offline   atlantajon 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Skiing, Bridge, Hiking, Camping, Making sure that my wife is happy and has everything she wants/needs.

Posted 2014-June-28, 11:48

I am using a MACbook, and using Google chrome as the browser....it has always worked before.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-June-28, 11:52

Try this link:

http://www.bridgebas...t.php?port=3336

And if that one doesn't work, this:

http://www.bridgebas...ent.php?port=80

I don't know the technicalities, one of the programmers will probably post later to explain what's going on - but meanwhile see if any of those links helps.

#4 User is offline   atlantajon 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 12:23

thanks, first link didn't work.... but second one did.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-28, 20:45

We haven't changed anything on our end, it sounds like a change in your firewall.
Last week we tried changing the default port to 80, but that caused problems for many people so we changed it back. An upcoming revision will automatically try port 80 if port 3336 doesn't work.

#6 User is offline   kayin801 

• Modern Day Trebuchet Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-June-29, 09:23

I am having the same issues. I am able to log in via my friend's computer (nearly identical to mine, MacBook) on the same wifi network using the same browser (Chrome). Other browsers (Safari) don't work, and neither of the links provided above works. At least I'm glad this is a known issue.

FWIW I can also successfully log in on the app using the wifi network available as well.
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

East4Evil sohcahtoa 4ever!!!!!1

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-June-30, 10:17

View Postkayin801, on 2014-June-29, 09:23, said:

I am having the same issues. I am able to log in via my friend's computer (nearly identical to mine, MacBook) on the same wifi network using the same browser (Chrome). Other browsers (Safari) don't work, and neither of the links provided above works. At least I'm glad this is a known issue.

Yours is not a known issue. If neither of the links works, then it's something completely different, and the upcoming change won't help you (it just automates trying both links).

It sounds like something on your MacBook is blocking you, but I'm not sure what it would be. Could you provide more details about what happens when you try to login?

#8 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-30, 10:56

View Postbarmar, on 2014-June-30, 10:17, said:

Yours is not a known issue. If neither of the links works, then it's something completely different, and the upcoming change won't help you (it just automates trying both links).

It sounds like something on your MacBook is blocking you, but I'm not sure what it would be. Could you provide more details about what happens when you try to login?

I go to bridgebase.com, click on the "Click to Play or Watch Bridge" link, the normal page pops up, I enter my user name and password, and click "Log In." The page thinks for maybe 10 seconds, and then returns me to the login page and displays a message that says "Connection lost."

This started only a few days ago, I'd guess? I also tried an old user name and I couldn't login on that either.
I once yelled at my partner for discarding the 'wrong' card when he was subjected to a squeeze that I allowed by giving the wrong count with too high a card. Now he's allowed to pitch aces when the opponents have the king in the dummy. At trick 2. When he could have followed suit. And blame me.

#9 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-01, 09:04

I don't see a login by kayin801 in almost a year and a half. Are you using a different username?

#10 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-01, 09:10

View Postbarmar, on 2014-July-01, 09:04, said:

I don't see a login by kayin801 in almost a year and a half. Are you using a different username?

Yes, I'm using East4Evil.

I'm able to log in on another computer I own, so for now I have access, but it'd be nice to be able to log in on my primary computer. I assume it's an issue with this computer specifically but I don't have the slightest idea what the problem is.

#11 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-01, 09:18

It's a Mac, right? Open the Console application, and see if there are any messages added when you try to login.

#12 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-01, 09:27

The following two lines showed up in Console upon the "Connection lost" message appearing:

7/1/14 11:25:03.364 AM com.apple.SecurityServer[24]: Killing auth hosts
7/1/14 11:25:03.364 AM com.apple.SecurityServer[24]: Session 100020 destroyed

Though if I try to log in repeatedly it doesn't repeat those lines.

#13 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-02, 10:32

I'm not sure what those messages mean. I've tried googling them, but the problem is that they often show up in the middle of logs that people post related to other things, so there are lots of false hits.

But it seems to me like it's related to the OS X firewall. Try turning it off and see if that helps. If you're behind a router that performs NAT (i.e. any home broadband router), you're generally pretty safe, as the only incoming connections that will occur are those that are configured in the router's port forwarding.

#14 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-02, 11:18

Firewall is off and has been. I'm scanning through my router settings too to see if there's anything I can find there, but given other computers work I suspect that's not it.

#15 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-02, 11:22

I'll also mention that I can't think of any change that I made to my computer when this became an issue. I was able to log on perfectly normally before this. It just seems like it coincided with the original poster's problems.

#16 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-03, 10:34

Open a Terminal window, and try telnet v2proxysl1.bridgebase.com 3336. Does it say Connected to v2proxysl1.bridgebase.com or does it just hang on the Trying... line?

If it connect, you can get out of it by typing Control-] followed by quit and Enter.

#17 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-03, 10:54

me:~ melaptop$ telnet v2proxysl1.bridgebase.com 3336
Trying 192.155.229.163...
Connected to v2proxysl1.bridgebase.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

So it looks like it connected

#18 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-July-05, 00:10

Sorry, I'm running out of ideas. Your Mac is able to connect to our server, so I can't think of why the application would be failing.

#19 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-05, 08:34

Thanks for trying :(

Is there a way to clear all recognition that my computer has ever interacted with BBO or is that only through cookies?

#20 User is offline   kayin801 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-05, 08:42

So this is going to sound stupid, but I just managed to get my computer to log on. I think it had to do with my Sophos Antivirus software using the ports (It was spamming port 80 and had two hits on 3336). I disabled all its functions and tried to log on and... voila. The weird part to this is that I'd had the software for ages and it was never a problem before. I have no idea why it suddenly became an issue. An update on their end, perhaps?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users