Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIB takes over

#1 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-June-25, 10:40

I understand that GIB has problems, and I have to say I am seeing improvements slowly but surely, but I can't believe this one still exists.

First off, after the Double, I think 1 should stay 4+ , but change to 5+ HCP, 7+ total points. Then, my pass of 1 should limit me to 5-6 HCP, 7 points, 4-5 , 2-3 , 3- . It looks like the Pass doesn't do anything constructive. Even in spite of that, unless a Double of 3 would be penalty, why does GIB bid 3 and not 3 or X?

EDIT - I have to thank 1eyedjack and BBradley62 in this GIB captaincy thread for finally figuring out how to post the hand directly into the post rather than always using the link. I set my dimensions to 500|300 and it looks great.

EDIT 2 - I changed it to 400|300 and it seems fine on this computer, with no white box. Unless I was seeing things, it looked a lot smaller on my home computer though.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#2 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-25, 15:35

Ok... I'm gonna try this bizarreness, although I hope someone with access to the code confirms...

GIB thinks your first pass is approval of spades as trump showing 4+, certainly not only 2 and not really only 3 either. (Why would you agree to play a suit that opponents had more of than you do?) GIB thinks your second pass says that y'all have at least as many combined hearts as you have spades, so you must have 5 hearts to go with your 4 spades. 3 is complete weirdness, supposedly showing 5305 and a big hand. I can't imagine why North thinks South is interested in slam at this point, since he was willing to play at the 1 level earlier.

Edit: See the white area to the right of your diagram? This is because 500|300 is not the proportion of a full-table diagram. If you change the dimensions to 400|300, your diagram will not change one iota, but the white area will go away, replaced by the general light gray background.

Second Edit: I wonder how GIB takes into account South's failure to redouble in the first round of bidding.

#3 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-July-04, 05:54

Thanks for reporting.

It has been improved in next v31.

In particular hand GIB will not be allowed to go over 3 ( using 3 ) as partner passed on 2 and made competitive endpoint no higher than 3 unless we could bid normally new suit between these two points.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users