• You cannot reply to this topic

BIddable Suits

#1 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-June-23, 13:13

My link

Match points, ACBL robot individual

I previously reported an instance where my robot partner bid and rebid s holding Jxx when the opponents had bid the suit and I had made a takeout double of a minor suit but never bid s. More recently, after a takeout double by me at the 1-level, my robot partner introduced a suit consisting of 10xxx at the 4-level instead of rebidding a 6-card suit headed by Q10 at the 3-level. Again, my robot partner freely doubled opponents in 2 with a holding of Axx (which the notes described as "biddable s)" in an auction that marked me with 3 or fewer 3 cards in the suit (and likely 2 or fewer). Then comes this beauty. Why in the world would the robot bypass bidding a 4-card suit headed by the King at the 2-level in order to bid a 4-card suit headed by the Jack? I recognize that the take-out double was a gamble, but on those hands where the robot has the right hand shouldn't we expect that the robot will make the bid that 100% of humans would make (meaning at the 2 or, overvaluing the three Jacks, 3 level)?

#2 User is offline   uva72uva72 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-June-23, 13:17

My link
I've tried reposting the link.

#3 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-July-04, 05:24

Thanks for reporting.

Improved in v31 to prefer major 4th ( other major ) or hearts ( having 4MM and 2 opening same sequence ).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users