• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Listen

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-22, 00:48

MP, best hand south, instant, pro gib 30

I was half inclined not to report this one. It came so close to making that perhaps it was all reasonable.

West cannot be faulted, but what is the 3S all about? South's X of 2H surely dictates caution?

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#2 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-June-22, 01:29

GIB does this kind of thing all the time. Tries to pass out a part score (2 in this case) and then bids a game when the opponents balance even though partner has not shown anything extra.

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-June-22, 01:43

View Postjohnu, on 2014-June-22, 01:29, said:

GIB does this kind of thing all the time. Tries to pass out a part score (2 in this case) and then bids a game when the opponents balance even though partner has not shown anything extra.

A feeling I get is that most of the time that it does this it is because it upgrades its hand evaluation for opposition bidding, placing as much trust in the honesty of opps as it does with partner.

For instance, it has xxx in a suit, which initially it rates as discouraging. But then when oppo bid and support that suit strongly, suggesting a stiff opposite, then its values are working harder.

I may be reading too much into that, and this hand certainly is not a good example.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

Posted 2014-June-22, 10:15

I don't understand the explanation of the double of 2. It says it shows biddable hearts. So, it's for penalty? But then North pulls it and then West bids more in South's face. Surprisingly, GIB actually guessed a two-way finesse incorrectly.

#5 User is offline   georgi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Yellows

Posted 2014-July-04, 05:16

In next version, v31, there would be something like final destination. like competitive endpoint.

So once pair passed on some contract, say like here 2, GIB will not likely go through more then 3 while competes further if opps continue.

So here East would be allowed to bid up to 3.

Once human ( GIB-partner sometimes ) bids new suit despite approved with two passes suit, that final destination could be lifted based on new circumstances.

I.e.

1 - P - 2 - 3
P - P - 3 - 3
4 - ? (P or 4 )

Initial 3pp seems like our endpoint is nohigher than 4, but once partner bids new suit it changes endpoint and partner could bid 4 more likely as defense approach.

GIB would likely stay calm and tweak is toward calmness, but it should treat better where pair tried to stop and not go so much higher like now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users