BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC every Sat at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - how to apply - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC every Sat at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - how to apply To read if you're interested in representing the BBO Forums vs JEC

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-June-14, 17:14

Every Saturday at 2PM New York time (8PM Central Europe) the BBO Forums have a reserved time slot to submit a team and play versus JEC (Jimmy Cayne) and his team. JEC runs team matches every day on BBO to practice for his live appearances. JEC matches typically attract hundreds of spectators, so if you are not prepared to be watched by tons of kibs, this is not for you :)

• Any regular BBFer is welcome to play, single, with outsider partner or with a full team. There are no restrictions, but in my opinion our best shot to win is to come up with regular partnerships or even an established team, also practicing for some live tournament. This is a great opportunity to train for serious competitions. However any 4 BBFers are welcome, even if not regularly playing with each other.
  • There are no skill level restrictions. Any team who comes to win is welcome to challenge JEC. Given the level of the Forums, anyone who meets Inquiry's criteria for intermediate is probably qualified :)

Please follow the weekly topics in this forum asking for players if you are interested in JEC matches. Or, if you know you are free to play on some Saturday before there's a discussion posted, go ahead and start a thread yourselves to announce that you are available.

This topic is open for discussion. If anyone feels we need to discuss this further or improve our methods feel free to chime in and I'll accommodate. However the primary purpose of this thread is to clue in newcomers on what this is all about and how to play.

For those scheduled to play, please try to be online 10-15 minutes before start time.

---

For those interested in how this all started:
  • BBF vs JEC 1st match MrAce (Timo) had the idea and arranged for the first BBF vs JEC team matches to take place.
  • Later on Timo got too busy to field teams every week and mgoetze took over.
  • After mgoetze, gszes took care of finding teams every week and setting up the games.
  • Then, after a couple of months break, diana_eva (me) took over and this is where we are now.

#2 User is offline   jallerton 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-June-20, 15:06

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-June-14, 17:14, said:

Every Saturday at 2PM New York time (8PM Central Europe) the BBO Forums have a reserved time slot to submit a team and play versus JEC (Jimmy Cayne) and his team. JEC runs team matches every day on BBO to practice for his live appearances practise for his matches against BBF.

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-19, 15:42

No match this Saturday? Just in case a fourth is needed, I would like to play
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-September-20, 00:59

View Posthelene_t, on 2014-September-19, 15:42, said:

No match this Saturday? Just in case a fourth is needed, I would like to play

Sry I canceled it beforehand. School started this week - a traumatic time of the year for me with 3 kids in school. By the time I got to check what time it is, it was Wednesday already so I just told susi no match :(

Next week is on.

#5 User is offline   ahydra 

• AQT92 AQ --- QJ6532
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-26, 17:13

My partner sara137 and I will be available for the match on the 12th March and others after that.

ahydra

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-February-27, 16:12

View Postahydra, on 2016-February-26, 17:13, said:

My partner sara137 and I will be available for the match on the 12th March and others after that.

ahydra

Jec is going to Reno and will be back March 22-23 or so. So plan for March 26 and later if you are still free then.

#7 User is offline   penicillin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-25, 12:50

Every Saturday at 2PM New York time (8PM Central Europe) the BBO Forums have a reserved time slot to submit a team and play versus JEC (Jimmy Cayne) and his team. JEC runs team matches every day on BBO to practice for his live appearances. JEC matches typically attract hundreds of spectators, so if you are not prepared to be watched by tons of kibs, this is not for you :)

• Any regular BBFer is welcome to play, single, with outsider partner or with a full team. There are no restrictions, but in my opinion our best shot to win is to come up with regular partnerships or even an established team, also practicing for some live tournament. This is a great opportunity to train for serious competitions. However any 4 BBFers are welcome, even if not regularly playing with each other.
  • There are no skill level restrictions. Any team who comes to win is welcome to challenge JEC. Given the level of the Forums, anyone who meets Inquiry's criteria for intermediate is probably qualified :)

Please follow the weekly topics in this forum asking for players if you are interested in JEC matches. Or, if you know you are free to play on some Saturday before there's a discussion posted, go ahead and start a thread yourselves to announce that you are available.

This topic is open for discussion. If anyone feels we need to discuss this further or improve our methods feel free to chime in and I'll accommodate. However the primary purpose of this thread is to clue in newcomers on what this is all about and how to play.

For those scheduled to play, please try to be online 10-15 minutes before start time.

---

• BBF vs JEC 1st match MrAce (Timo) had the idea and arranged for the first BBF vs JEC team matches to take place.
  • After mgoetze, gszes took care of finding teams every week and setting up the games.
  • Then, after a couple of months break, diana_eva (me) took over and this is where we are now.

#8 User is offline   penicillin 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-August-25, 12:52

Dinna, I have a team would like to play with JEC. Could you please schedule a tournament for us? Thanks!

---

#9 User is offline   ovncylmz 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2018-September-06, 22:03

have a pair for this weekend. do we have a game?

#10 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-07, 01:04

View Postovncylmz, on 2018-September-06, 22:03, said:

have a pair for this weekend. do we have a game?

Yes post here please.

#11 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-September-07, 01:05

View Postpenicillin, on 2018-August-25, 12:52, said:

Dinna, I have a team would like to play with JEC. Could you please schedule a tournament for us? Thanks!

Send me a private message please with your team and when you can play. I'll talk to susina, but probably not on the Forums time spot, unless your team are BBF-ers.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users