BBO Discussion Forums: Official BBF 2014 World Cup Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Official BBF 2014 World Cup Thread about all around football and samba

Poll: NEW POLL (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Whats your predict now for the winner?

1. BRA (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. ARG (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. GER (7 votes [63.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

4. NL (1 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#321 User is offline   Aberlour10 

• Vugrapholic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-July-14, 06:03

Hard to win not scoring in 4 one-to-one situations. With a bit more "cold blood" we could easily have a different WC. Already by the 1st of it ( Kroos back pass ) I had a feeling this waste can be decieded.

I dont like discussions like "deserved win or not". Who scores, deserved it.
Preempts are Aberlour's best bridge friends

#322 User is offline   billw55 

• enigmatic
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-14, 06:44

View Postgwnn, on 2014-July-14, 03:09, said:

What's the feeling about the Neuer intervention on Higuain (apparently some Argentinians claim it should have been a penalty)? I thought it was ridiculous to give a foul on the goalkeeper when he is so far off his line, but I don't think it is a foul on Higuain either. The interesting part is that the goalkeeper can use his hands so it seems like he is within his rights to jump as far as he needs to and maybe Higuain should have just avoided the colission since it is obvious that Neuer will get the ball (although perhaps not obvious to him whether the actual point of contact would be inside the box). On the other hand you could say that it is a reckless attack on Higuain (similar to what we'd been discussing before done by Balotelli). I'm a bit torn on this one as you may tell...

To me, no foul was completely clear. Neuer punched out the ball before contact, to me that's a legal challenge. This is exactly how they teach it here: go for the ball hard, if you hit it first it's not a foul, if you don't you may get yellow. Guys get cut down on legal slide tackles all the time, only difference here is that it is the keeper using his hands.

And Higuain certainly did nothing illegal, just running for the ball. I think it's just another collision, they happen all over the field every game.

Btw on replay I didn't actually see contact to Higuain's head, it looked like all body to me.
Life is long and beautiful, if bad things happen, good things will follow.
-gwnn

#323 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-July-14, 08:43

View PostAberlour10, on 2014-July-14, 06:03, said:

I dont like discussions like "deserved win or not". Who scores, deserved it.

I agree, but there are certainly occasions when one team deserved the win and the other didn't. Refs may influence the result, a team can be unlucky hitting the woodwork several times, etc. I once saw a brilliant lob over a goal keeper, that normally always would have been a goal. Now it dropped dead in a mud pool in front of the line.

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users