• You cannot reply to this topic

Did we get fixed? JEC vs BBF Bd 11, May 24, 2014

#21 User is offline   equate 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-May-27, 06:55

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-May-26, 06:23, said:

I was playing at the other table.

Garozzo said that his initial pass was a mistake...
I'd hesitate to draw any conclusions from the actual auction

I was kibitzer at your table.

If there is a fatal mistake or misclick players may ask for undo and always accepted even after many rounds or after 3 passes.Sometimes Host adjust it.

There was no request for an undo by Mr.Garozzo. I dont know N-S sysytem or convention to deal such situation,what was the mistake mentioned about .Bidding continued without any interruption.

As a result auction stayed as it was and nobody asked for an undo.

My comment based on actual bidding in one room or other not for all such situations some may encounter, just a comment thats it :)

#22 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-May-27, 08:34

View Postequate, on 2014-May-27, 06:55, said:

I was kibitzer at your table.

If there is a fatal mistake or misclick players may ask for undo and always accepted even after many rounds or after 3 passes.Sometimes Host adjust it.

There was no request for an undo by Mr.Garozzo. I dont know N-S sysytem or convention to deal such situation,what was the mistake mentioned about .Bidding continued without any interruption.

As a result auction stayed as it was and nobody asked for an undo.

My comment based on actual bidding in one room or other not for all such situations some may encounter, just a comment thats it :)

There were a number of undos at the table.

In this case, Garozzo did not ask for one. However, at the conclusion of the hand he stated that the pass was a mistake...
Alderaan delenda est

#23 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-27, 10:07

At our table, we both got a bit mixed up by an initial alert of the 2 bid, explained it as 4M/5+m or some such, which was later corrected. So this board was a bit of a mess at both tables.

I realize this is a very lame excuse for not doubling the 2 bid, though :)
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#24 User is offline   beowulf 

• PipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, music, railroads, beer

Posted 2014-May-27, 12:17

I'm surprised that nobody has commented on the identities of your illustrious opponents who, by the way, are regular partners and play a very aggressive style of preempts. Your LHO is a many-time World Champion and your RHO is a very fine player.

Having said that, North should have doubled (but i understand that you hadn't discussed this). You would still probably do no better than getting another 50 points though.

You just ran into a buzz saw :(

[Later]

It wasn't at all obvious from reading this on the BBO TODAY news feed that this was a JEC match (I had mistakenly assumed it was a random matchup in a tournament or whatever). Of course your opponents were illustrious. You didn't need me to point that out.

#25 User is offline   jacquiek 

• Pip

Posted 2014-May-27, 21:14

IMHO, I think North needs to bid something. He has about 10 valuations pts. I guess I might double (saying do something intelligent p...especially non-vul). Even if North passes after the cue bid, when it gets around to the pass out seat it seems imperative that he say something. N/S obviously have over half the pts. Then when it gets around to South again after North bids (something), he can bid 3nt. Does that work?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users