BBO Discussion Forums: Can I download all the hands i played - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can I download all the hands i played Can I download all the hands i played using the Web-Interface

#1 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-23, 08:50

Can I download all the hands i played using the Web-Interface?

I'd like to run some automatik analysis with the hands i played, e.g. search for playing mistakes etc.

Any textbased format e.g. in a zip-file would be fine.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-23, 09:32

I don't think that you can, using the web-interface (your restriction)

We were informed early in the release of this software that it is a so-called security feature of Flash that you cannot write files to a local disk. This prevented us from saving hands locally and saving chat locally.

If you have a Windows machine, or machine that runs a Windows emulator, then you can do it using third party applications, such as "Double Dummy Solver" by Bridge Captain - funded by voluntary donations.

It can only download hands for as long as they remain available in the MyHands database - typically about 2 months.

The files are saved in ".pbn" format, which is text-based.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-23, 10:09

Thank you, I will try that.

#4 User is offline   uday 

Posted 2014-May-25, 06:52

The hands you play are generally available on our website, http://www.bridgebase.com/ , in the 'hand records' area, for a month or two.

We could probably find a way to dump the full set of hands into some format in a single file but there has been very little demand for this to date.

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-May-25, 07:22

It is possible that the lack of demand may be correlated to the availability of third party alternatives.

Not saying that is a bad thing. Just an observation. And speculation at that.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#6 User is offline   hotShot 

• Axxx Axx Axx Axx
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-25, 08:04

View Postuday, on 2014-May-25, 06:52, said:

The hands you play are generally available on our website, http://www.bridgebase.com/ , in the 'hand records' area, for a month or two.

We could probably find a way to dump the full set of hands into some format in a single file but there has been very little demand for this to date.

If you don't object, I can write me a crawler that will download my hand records from the myhands area.
Should be no problem to extract the lin-links from the summary page and download them.

#7 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-May-25, 10:44

View Postuday, on 2014-May-25, 06:52, said:

There is not an urgent need to be able to download all the hands into a single file from myhands site for most users, as the Double Dummy Solver can handle this for people who run windows or can emulate windows. However, if you could download all the hands you ever played on BBO into a single file, that would cool. While I do support the "need" to be able to download all the searched hands into a single file, I would support a slightly different solution as my first choice.

I prefer that a myhands search turn up pretty much the same table it does with two minor changes in the data format. The first, is that the movie hyperlink NOT have the indirect reference with the myhands pointer pointing at something like handviewer.html?myhand=M-8738662-1400905801, put rather pointing directly to the lin file format of the hand (handviewer.html?myhand=lin=pn|inquiry,etc. The major reason for this change is people are going to myhands, copy the indirect reference and posting the hands here in the forum. This works up until the indirect reference is broken because the hands are dropped from the myhand database, and the hand disappears from the forums. There are a bunch of these scattered throughout these forums. I would also like to see the myhand=lin=pn|inquiry, etc data contain all four hands not just south, west, and east and let myhand fill in the East seat. The reason being if you use a three handed handviewer hand and you only want to show two of the four hands, one of which is East, you have manually enter the cards for east while deleting one of the other two hands. A second change I would wish would happen is that the format of the myhand search would change so that the download the lin file of the individual hand would not be in the same table cell as the hyperlink to the handviewer data. The reason is that Excel can't display two hyperlinks in the same cell, so if you cut and paste the myhand search result into excel, you lose both hyperlinks. Thus, the need for the hyperlink to the real lin data be in a separate cell is key if you are trying to build an excel database of bridgehands (see this post for a longer (gasp) winded discussion of the problem for working with bridgehands in excel). I make an example of the changes I would like to see in the way myhands returns data at the bottom of this post. I would also like to see the travelers for each play of a board also use the hyperlinks with the full hand record rather than indirect links... the explanation for why will be in a future tricks with excel thread.

While fixing the hyperlink for the hand display above is of more use overall, I can get behind the solution of downloading the hands as a single lin file. That will not help with posting in the forum, but it would be useful for people like hotshot and for anyone wanting to build an easily searchable excel database of bridgehands. Having the hyperlink displayed as mentioned above would be better solution, but being able to get all the hands as a single lin file would be an acceptable kludge to the current problem. It would also be useful to be able to download all the hands from a traveler into a single file if the hyperlink to those hands are not fixed to directly link to the hand record.

Here is piece of the source file for a search on the myhand site that displays one row of data.... this is how it currently works, and it

<tr class="tourney">
  <td class="handnum">1</td>
  <td>00:31</td>
  <td class="north">GiB</td>
  <td class="south">leftfoot</td>
  <td class="east">GiB</td>
  <td class="west">GiB</td>
  <td class="result">3NS=</td>
  <td class="score">400</td>
  <td class="score">97.22%</td>
  <td class="movie"><A href="htp://www.bridgebase.com/tools/handviewer.html?myhand=M-8738662-1400905801" onclick="hv_popuplin('pn|leftfoot,~~M49615,~~M49613,~~M49614|st%7C%7Cmd%7C3SJKH8JQD3459TAC6K%2CS7H4579TD7JQC479Q%2CS2489H2AD6C2358TA%2C%7Crh%7C%7Cah%7CBoard%201%7Csv%7Co%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7C1S%7Can%7CMajor%20suit%20opening%20--%205%2B%20%21S%3B%2011-21%20HCP%3B%2012-22%20total%20points%20%7Cmb%7C1N%7Can%7COne%20notrump%20overcall%20--%202-5%20%21C%3B%202-5%20%21D%3B%20%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7C2C%7Can%7CStayman%20--%2011-%20HCP%3B%2012-%20total%20points%20%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7C2D%7Can%7CNo%20major%20suits%20--%202-5%20%21C%3B%202-5%20%21D%3B%202-3%20%21H%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7C2N%7Can%7CInvite%20to%203NT%2C%20may%20not%20have%204-card%20major%20--%209%20HCP%20%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7C3N%7Can%7C2-5%20%21C%3B%202-5%20%21D%3B%202-3%20%21H%3B%202-3%20%21S%3B%2016%2B%20HCP%3B%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cmb%7Cp%7Cpc%7CHT%7Cpc%7CH2%7Cpc%7CHK%7Cpc%7CH8%7Cpc%7CH6%7Cpc%7CHQ%7Cpc%7CH9%7Cpc%7CHA%7Cpc%7CD6%7Cpc%7CD2%7Cpc%7CD3%7Cpc%7CDJ%7Cpc%7CH7%7Cpc%7CS2%7Cpc%7CH3%7Cpc%7CHJ%7Cpc%7CDA%7Cpc%7CD7%7Cpc%7CS4%7Cpc%7CD8%7Cpc%7CDT%7Cpc%7CDQ%7Cpc%7CS8%7Cpc%7CDK%7Cpc%7CSA%7Cpc%7CSJ%7Cpc%7CS7%7Cpc%7CS9%7Cpc%7CCJ%7Cpc%7CCK%7Cpc%7CC9%7Cpc%7CC2%7Cpc%7CD9%7Cpc%7CH5%7Cpc%7CC3%7Cpc%7CSQ%7Cpc%7CD5%7Cpc%7CC7%7Cpc%7CC5%7Cpc%7CST%7Cpc%7CD4%7Cpc%7CC4%7Cpc%7CC8%7Cpc%7CS5%7Cpc%7CSK%7Cpc%7CH4%7Cpc%7CCT%7Cpc%7CS6%7Cpc%7CC6%7Cpc%7CCQ%7Cpc%7CCA%7Cpc%7CS3%7C');this.style.color='red';return false;">Movie</A>&nbsp;or&nbsp;<A HREF="fetchlin.php?id=8738662&when_played=1400905801">Lin</A></td>

Here is an example piece of what would be nice to display on searching the myhand site. I am not sure if all the commands would work as I hope, I added a new table class called lin and moved the fetchlin.php to that class so it has its own cell in the table. I manually "fixed' the lin file to be more readable and added the fourth hand. If we have to be stuck with just south, west, and north, that is ok too. I suspect some %20's will have to be in there not to break the handviewer display. I am not a programmer, so my simple minded solution might not work as easily as I think, but something along these lines would be great.
<tr class="tourney">
  <td class="handnum">73</td>
  <td>00:31</td>
  <td class="north">~~M49613</td>
  <td class="south">leftfoot</td>
  <td class="east">~~M49614</td>
  <td class="west">~~M49615</td>
  <td class="result">3NS=</td>
  <td class="score">400</td>
  <td class="score">97.22%</td>
  <td class="movie"><A href="/tools/handviewer.html?lin=pn|leftfoot,~~M49615,~~M49613,~~M49614|st||md|3SJKH8JQD3459TAC6K,S7H4579TD7JQC479Q,S2489H2AD6C2358TA,S356TQAH36KD28KCJ|rh||ah|Board 1|sv|o|mb|p|mb|1S|an|Major suit opening -- 5+ !S; 11-21 HCP; 12-22 total points |mb|1N|an|One notrump overcall -- 2-5 !C; 2-5 !D; |mb|p|mb|2C|an|Stayman -- 11- HCP; 12- total points |mb|p|mb|2D|an|No major suits -- 2-5 !C; 2-5 !D; 2-3 !H|mb|p|mb|2N|an|Invite to 3NT, may not have 4-card major -- 9 HCP |mb|p|mb|3N|an|2-5 !C; 2-5 !D; 2-3 !H; 2-3 !S; 16+ HCP;|mb|p|mb|p|mb|p|pc|HT|pc|H2|pc|HK|pc|H8|pc|H6|pc|HQ|pc|H9|pc|HA|pc|D6|pc|D2|pc|D3|pc|DJ|pc|H7|pc|S2|pc|H3|pc|HJ|pc|DA|pc|D7|pc|S4|pc|D8|pc|DT|pc|DQ|pc|S8|pc|DK|pc|SA|pc|SJ|pc|S7|pc|S9|pc|CJ|pc|CK|pc|C9|pc|C2|pc|D9|pc|H5|pc|C3|pc|SQ|pc|D5|pc|C7|pc|C5|pc|ST|pc|D4|pc|C4|pc|C8|pc|S5|pc|SK|pc|H4|pc|CT|pc|S6|pc|C6|pc|CQ|pc|CA|pc|S3|">Movie</A></td>
   <td class="lin"><A HREF="fetchlin.php?id=8738662&when_played=1400905801">Lin</A></td>
    <td class="traveller"><A HREF="hands.php?traveller=5346-1400905801-87951107&amp;username=leftfoot">Traveller</A></td>

--Ben--

#8 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-May-25, 12:09

View Postinquiry, on 2014-May-25, 10:44, said:

The first, is that the movie hyperlink NOT have the indirect reference with the myhands pointer pointing at something like handviewer.html?myhand=M-8738662-1400905801, put rather pointing directly to the lin file format of the hand (handviewer.html?myhand=lin=pn|inquiry,etc. The major reason for this change is people are going to myhands, copy the indirect reference and posting the hands here in the forum. This works up until the indirect reference is broken because the hands are dropped from the myhand database, and the hand disappears from the forums.

I think that this suggestion goes hand-in-glove with an earlier suggestion that I made, which is that the "export hand" function in the flash interface include a one-click option to create a BBO forum post with the full hand hard-coded into the post.

#9 User is offline   inquiry 

Posted 2014-May-25, 13:04

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-May-25, 12:09, said:

I think that this suggestion goes hand-in-glove with an earlier suggestion that I made, which is that the "export hand" function in the flash interface include a one-click option to create a BBO forum post with the full hand hard-coded into the post.

Yes, they are very similar, but not perfectly one-on-one the same.
--Ben--

#10 User is offline   inquiry 

Posted 2014-May-26, 13:51

There is now a greasemonkey javascript method that works with Firefox browser to do what I wanted done in post #7 in this thread. It doesn't change how myhands searches the data, it only intercepts the results of the myhand search and changes how the data is displayed. It gives a movie hyperlink with the lin file record and it discards the download the single lin hand all together.

I posted the greasemonkey script at Greasemonkey post. Others can figure out how to make this more useful, perhaps. It is fully documented and I hope can be easily understood by those who would be interested. I did not write the code.
--Ben--

#11 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-May-27, 22:01

View PosthotShot, on 2014-May-23, 08:50, said:

Can I download all the hands i played using the Web-Interface?

I'd like to run some automatik analysis with the hands i played, e.g. search for playing mistakes etc.

Any textbased format e.g. in a zip-file would be fine.

The simplest answer to this question is "yes".

I have done this. There are many ways to automate it. I would recommend using python, because it is easy, and as fast as anything else. The response time of BBO will be the "bottleneck". If you know Java, or a shell scripting language and curl, perl, etc., start with what you know instead.

Once you "script" it to download the files (one hand at a time), then you will need to "massage" the files into a format that meets your needs and "bridge toolset". If I were not employed, I would probably build such a system - using a web-based interface - and charge a subscription for using it. There are open-source tools that you could integrate into a full blown product. Eventually, I will complete this project for my private use.

#12 User is offline   mila6452 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2016-January-30, 03:33

I would like to fetch myhands from a python. But I cant login to the myhands page. (I have tried with "urllib" with "mechanize" with "request" with "scrapy" ... without success.)
Reading the "http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands/hands.php?username=testuser4&start_time=1451520000&end_time=1454198400" url I got only the login page (a form with a login input fields)
Can you help me?

#13 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2016-January-31, 00:05

The myhands login feature makes use of cookies, so your python script will need to emulate what a browser does: send the username/password to the login page, save the cookies that are sent back, and send them to the hands.php script.

Sorry, I don't have any more details, it's not really designed to be automated.

#14 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2016-January-31, 03:01

View Postmila6452, on 2016-January-30, 03:33, said:

I would like to fetch myhands from a python. But I cant login to the myhands page. (I have tried with "urllib" with "mechanize" with "request" with "scrapy" ... without success.)
Reading the "http://www.bridgebase.com/myhands/hands.php?username=testuser4&start_time=1451520000&end_time=1454198400" url I got only the login page (a form with a login input fields)
Can you help me?

Using webClient and after being got/entered in MyHands there is possibility to save/export, than saving forever, hands played that interested you off of the three monthes cutting. About log pay attemption at this one (it happened to me): the enter box or space is accepting only a character at time (i.e. Lovera needs enter L viewble upon your script table clicking on to have "L" positioned in box and repeting every time until nickname is completed but, ultheriorly and finally, must also position cursor after your last nickname letter (Lovera| where | rappresented the cursor) passing,subsequently to insert password that box space accepts yes but not flowing as usual (*****etc) but for a type/character at time in same position. After that you have made passages in this way you can enter.

#15 User is offline   BunnyGo 

• Lamentable Bunny
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-14, 06:24

Does anyone have a wget script they can share to download all my hands from myhands? I'm having difficulties getting mine to work.
Bridge Personality: 44 44 43 34

Never tell the same lie twice. - Elim Garek on the real moral of "The boy who cried wolf"

#16 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2018-January-15, 00:02

View PostBunnyGo, on 2018-January-14, 06:24, said:

Does anyone have a wget script they can share to download all my hands from myhands? I'm having difficulties getting mine to work.

You should be able to do this with the DDSolver application.

#17 User is offline   davetarsky 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-18, 12:09

Yes, you can download all hands played, as a LIN file, which you can play again on BBO or use software like bridgeComposer to automatically convert to PBN.

How, google BBO hand records,or go to

https://www.bridgeba...hands/index.php

and play around

You will eventually get a page like this

http://webutil.bridg...18&u=davetarsky

There is an option to download hands

#18 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2021-November-18, 08:34

What's the latest best way to download all one's own BBO hands, for someone who is not a programmer?

#19 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2021-November-18, 20:47

View PostDJNeill, on 2021-November-18, 08:34, said:

What's the latest best way to download all one's own BBO hands, for someone who is not a programmer?

Go to: https://www.bridgeba...p?&from_login=0
Enter your username where it says: Enter username.
change the dates and interval to get the period you are looking for.
click get hands
you will get to a page that looks like this:

Main Bridge Club hands	Tourney hands	Team Match hands
Hands played by DJNeill since 2021-11-18 00:00:00 to 2021-11-20 00:00:00
2021-11-19
Nº	Time	North	South	East	West	Result	Points	Score	Movie	Traveller
1	09:17	djneill	joshs	Anneket	Longsilver	3♥N-1	-50	2.07	Movie or Lin	Traveller
2	09:22	djneill	joshs	Anneket	Longsilver	4♥S+1	650	6.27	Movie or Lin	Traveller

You can copy the data you want by selecting it and Cntrl/cmnd copy and then paste it anywhere you want (eg a spreadsheet.
All the links to the movie (record of how you played the hand) and the Traveller (everyone else) stay active so that you can review the hands.

As you can see from the above, you can also get everyone else's hands although some tourneys are blocked for security reasons (IDK what the security reasons are).

#20 User is offline   DJNeill 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:current events, long-distance cycling

Posted 2021-November-19, 09:50

Is there any way to go further back than myhands allows?

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users