BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Saturday May 24 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Saturday May 24 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET)

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-18, 03:19

Please apply here with you'd like to play on Saturday.

Regular partnerships if possible. BBFers are welcome to apply with a fav partner who is not a member if they wish.

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-18, 11:18

helene_t + diana_eva
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-May-18, 12:50

I have a pair of Canadian Juniors, one of whom is on the Canadian Youth team and would love an opportunity to play.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-18, 13:45

View Postjillybean, on 2014-May-18, 12:50, said:

I have a pair of Canadian Juniors, one of whom is on the Canadian Youth team and would love an opportunity to play.

But these matches are meant for BBF users. Posted Image At least that is what I meant when I started this and we agreed on this back then. Otherwise we all have some friends/students or players that we know who would love that opportunity. But I think it is OK to put them if BBF can not come up with another pair.

Or are they already BBF members and active?
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   hrothgar 

• Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-May-18, 14:25

Timo, I'd be happy to play this weekend if you'd like to team up.
Alderaan delenda est

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-18, 15:57

View PostMrAce, on 2014-May-18, 13:45, said:

But these matches are meant for BBF users. Posted Image At least that is what I meant when I started this and we agreed on this back then. Otherwise we all have some friends/students or players that we know who would love that opportunity. But I think it is OK to put them if BBF can not come up with another pair.

Agree with Timo, I'd have a full team of friends who are also good players and want to play, but wd rather just ask susi to put them on some other day if she has room instead of naming them BBF team...

Let's try and keep this to BBFers mainly, even if this means regular BBFer with regular pd who isn't a member, or one BBFer and his team training for whatever. Two or four players completely unrelated to BBF seems a bit too much of a stretch IMO.

JB, I'll ask Susi if she can put your juniors on some other day and let you know in private, OK?

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-May-19, 05:30

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-May-18, 14:25, said:

Timo, I'd be happy to play this weekend if you'd like to team up.

With you ? Or should I find a pd?

If I am playing with you I will play.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#8 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-May-19, 07:17

View PostMrAce, on 2014-May-19, 05:30, said:

With you ? Or should I find a pd?

If I am playing with you I will play.

I am proposing that the two of us team up and play with Diana and Helene (if they'll tolerate us)
Alderaan delenda est

#9 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-May-19, 07:39

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-May-19, 07:17, said:

I am proposing that the two of us team up and play with Diana and Helene (if they'll tolerate us)

Sure Richard, count me in. Have to warn you though, lately I am playing awful in the BBO with Aaron Haspel. It is one of those periods I guess, but we will be OK hopefully.

Sometime before Friday I may have some time to at BBO and practice simply if you are up for it. Unless of course there are more suitable pairs and they don't let us play.

I will pm you the days and hours suitable for me. Which time zone are you in btw?

#10 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-May-19, 07:57

View PostMrAce, on 2014-May-19, 07:39, said:

Sure Richard, count me in. Have to warn you though, lately I am playing awful in the BBO with Aaron Haspel. It is one of those periods I guess, but we will be OK hopefully.

Sometime before Friday I may have some time to at BBO and practice simply if you are up for it. Unless of course there are more suitable pairs and they don't let us play.

I will pm you the days and hours suitable for me. Which time zone are you in btw?

I live on the East Coast of the US (same time zone as New York City, Washington DC, etc.)

I'm taking Friday off and have a lot of time available that day to practice.
Feel free to mail me a system card. (Lot easier for me to play what you like than vice versa)
Alderaan delenda est

#11 User is offline   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-May-19, 08:57

View PostMrAce, on 2014-May-18, 13:45, said:

Yes, that's fine. No, they are not bbf members.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#12 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-19, 11:09

So far we have

diana_eva + helene_t
mrace + hrothgar

Registrations are still open till Friday if more "regular" pairs wish to apply.

If nothing new happens I'll go ahead and submit this lineup on Friday, then open a new thread for next Saturday.

#13 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-May-19, 14:52

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-May-19, 07:57, said:

I live on the East Coast of the US (same time zone as New York City, Washington DC, etc.)

Feel free to mail me a system card. (Lot easier for me to play what you like than vice versa)

Ok, good deal. I will send asap.(asap=probably as late as possible for me Posted Image)

#14 User is offline   the hog 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Wagner and Bridge

Posted 2014-May-19, 18:53

View Posthrothgar, on 2014-May-19, 07:57, said:

Make him play Moscito, Richard.
"The King of Hearts a broadsword bears, the Queen of Hearts a rose." W. H. Auden.

#15 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-21, 11:19

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-May-19, 11:09, said:

So far we have

diana_eva + helene_t
mrace + hrothgar

Registrations are still open till Friday if more "regular" pairs wish to apply.

If nothing new happens I'll go ahead and submit this lineup on Friday, then open a new thread for next Saturday.

Just a hint give the line up as soon as possible JEc was frustrated many times when I would
wait until Friday to turn in (usually a made up in desparation team) the roster:)))) good luck
you four and don't feel panicked or anything but I'll be watching:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

#16 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-21, 11:28

View Postgszes, on 2014-May-21, 11:19, said:

Just a hint give the line up as soon as possible JEc was frustrated many times when I would
wait until Friday to turn in (usually a made up in desparation team) the roster:)))) good luck
you four and don't feel panicked or anything but I'll be watching:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanks George. OK this team looks quite nice and I'll submit it as is. Everyone seems to be eager to play so we'll just do it and take applications for next week.

Good luck to us :)

#17 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-24, 15:45

This was pretty tight all the way, but we lost eventually 67 to 80. Results here if anyone is curious: http://webutil.bridg...9173-1400954884

We got lucky several times, and we made some pretty dumb mistakes on a few boards. Most of the swings were mistakes for one of the teams, rather than brilliancy :)

I'll post a few boards separately.

#18 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess

Posted 2014-May-24, 16:29

Diana was great! I made a couple of expensive mistakes but overall I think we all played well.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#19 User is offline   hrothgar 

Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-May-24, 16:51

View Posthelene_t, on 2014-May-24, 16:29, said:

Diana was great! I made a couple of expensive mistakes but overall I think we all played well.

Same here. I spaced out completely on 24, made a rookie mistake, and dropped 10 IMPs.

Board 2 was another interesting one. Still debating whether I should have patterned out.
Alderaan delenda est

#20 User is offline   mike777 

Posted 2014-May-24, 20:57

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-May-24, 15:45, said:

This was pretty tight all the way, but we lost eventually 67 to 80. Results here if anyone is curious: http://webutil.bridg...9173-1400954884

We got lucky several times, and we made some pretty dumb mistakes on a few boards. Most of the swings were mistakes for one of the teams, rather than brilliancy :)

I'll post a few boards separately.

congrats on a great try guys.

I note a single bd 21 in 7s was 13 imps.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users