BBO Discussion Forums: BBF vs JEC Saturday May 17 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBF vs JEC Saturday May 17 at 2PM EDT (8PM CET) free spot at Jec's this Saturday if anyone wants to play

#1 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-14, 12:02

Hi,

This is in response to Raff's recent question about JEC vs BBF team matches. I asked susina 8, the current host of these matches is BBF still has a time slot there and she says we are welcome to play like before. We'd need to put together a team with some reasonable time in advance, say by Friday afternoon, so that she has time to find replacements in case we do not have a team.

Any takers for this Saturday? Regular partnerships if possible. BBFers are welcome to apply with a fav partner who is not a member if they wish. Full teams are even better :)

#2 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-May-15, 01:13

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-May-14, 12:02, said:

Hi,

This is in response to Raff's recent question about JEC vs BBF team matches. I asked susina 8, the current host of these matches is BBF still has a time slot there and she says we are welcome to play like before. We'd need to put together a team with some reasonable time in advance, say by Friday afternoon, so that she has time to find replacements in case we do not have a team.

Any takers for this Saturday? Regular partnerships if possible. BBFers are welcome to apply with a fav partner who is not a member if they wish. Full teams are even better :)

I will ask jsabate, but the final league match between my team Atletico and Barcelona who is second is at 6 pm CET, I will be either very excited or very depressed :)

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-15, 09:05

jsabate says it is ok, so we sing up

#4 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2014-May-15, 09:10

View PostFluffy, on 2014-May-15, 09:05, said:

jsabate says it is ok, so we sing up

A duet? , I'd love to hear it.
"And no matter what methods you play, it is essential, for anyone aspiring to learn to be a good player, to learn the importance of bidding shape properly." MikeH
(still learning)

#5 User is offline   Raff90 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-May-15, 12:31

Hi perfect!

Raff90 and Koncik will be your partners ;).

Lets make it happen!

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-15, 12:36

Great! so Saturday May 17 BBF team will be
fluffy + jsabate
raff90 + koncik

Good luck!

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-17, 06:35

Good luck to the BBF team today :) Please be online 10 minutes before start (19:50 for Central Europe).

If I get hit by a car and I'm not online go ahead and contact susina 8, she knows you're scheduled to play today.

#8 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-May-17, 21:45

Well, I can tell you that Fluffy has to be ecstatic, as am I. Barcelona didn't win the title, and I would love to see Atleti win the Double before that team gets blown up.

How did BBF do?
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#9 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-18, 02:45

Fluffy was ecstatic indeed. He sat down and prealerted "I am very excited as my fav soccer team won the league so I'll overbid today". Then they started doubling him :)

I haven't watched much because the USBC Finals were on in the same time and I'm usually helping at vugraph, but after two boards BBF was leading 20 to zero. Things looked pretty sunny for the BBF, then on board 6 raffy made a (reasonable) overcall and got punished for 12IMP when that got doubled.

I could only come back and watch more towards the end so don't really know what the key decisions were for the match but they lost by 61IMPs eventually.

I hope fluffy and raff will come post some of the hands.

Results here:
http://webutil.bridg...349839&u=fluffy

Anyway, we're welcome to get our revenge next week, same day same hour. I'll open a new thread to take applications for next Saturday.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users