BBO Discussion Forums: Transfer host of the teaching/discussing table - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transfer host of the teaching/discussing table

#1 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-May-05, 01:33

Often in teaching/mentoring/postmortem sessions at a teaching table it would be really useful if other players could upload a hand to the table that they want to discuss. Unfortunately this is not possible.

An uncomplicated solution would be if the host could transfer hosting to another player/kibber present. Then that player could upload the hand and pass hosting back to the initial host.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-May-05, 10:19

A better solution would be to allow hands transferred from one member to another to end up in a folder in Hand Records, and then the host himself can upload deals from the students. So instead of transferring ownership of the table to your student, your students would send you hands that you can upload to the table.

A feature like this has been requested before, and I think it would be useful. Also, ability to transfer whole folders of hands instead of sending hands one by one.

#3 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-05, 15:09

View Postdiana_eva, on 2014-May-05, 10:19, said:

A better solution would be to allow hands transferred from one member to another to end up in a folder in Hand Records, and then the host himself can upload deals from the students. So instead of transferring ownership of the table to your student, your students would send you hands that you can upload to the table.

A feature like this has been requested before, and I think it would be useful. Also, ability to transfer whole folders of hands instead of sending hands one by one.

I agree that would be a better solution. Or even if when you send a hand to someone, that they could add it to their Hands folder, or ideally straight to the table.
That would be a vast improvement to the Web UI.

I just thought transferring ownership might be the simplest workaround if the other ideas are too complicated to develop.

#4 User is offline   alanrick2 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-May-09, 08:40

I've received some messages from people saying they'd like to upvote this idea get an error when they try.
If that happens then just create a new post in this thread saying "+1" or "agreed"... (seems to be forum policy to handle the voting this way).

All the best,
Alan

#5 User is offline   toniluna 

• Pip

Posted 2014-May-09, 08:57

I agree, so "+1" :)

#6 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-09, 11:16

Or simply "share" the hands, or even make them "public" which are the mechanisms most expected on the internet today. Dropbox, Evernote, etc. being examples of this technique.

#7 User is offline   marika1951 

• Pip

Posted 2014-May-09, 16:55

"+1"

#8 User is offline   Ima Card 

• Pip

Posted 2014-May-09, 18:33

I like this # 2 solution better. Less can go wrong with the mechanics, less time wasted, leaving the control in the teacher's hands but allowing the teacher to accommodate to students' needs.

#9 User is offline   Liz111 

• Pip

Posted 2014-May-23, 04:40

View Postalanrick2, on 2014-May-09, 08:40, said:

I've received some messages from people saying they'd like to upvote this idea get an error when they try.
If that happens then just create a new post in this thread saying "+1" or "agreed"... (seems to be forum policy to handle the voting this way).

All the best,
Alan

+1

Totally agree!! I work as a BILAssist with WhiteRabbt for her weekly group mentoring sessions. As such, I meet with her each week prior to the lesson and upload from her all the teaching hands she plans to use in the lesson. Then at the teaching lesson itself, I am the actual table host and download each hand to the table as she requests it. This helps her enormously, as she only has to concentrate on the teaching, and not worry about any of the technical aspects.

Another reason for us handling things as we do, is that most of the time, she is using bridge hands that she can access through the old download version of BBO, but cannot access through the new web version without going through a lengthy conversion process. As she uses BBO voice, she must teach from the web version. So we work around this problem by having her log in on the old version, while I log in on the new version, and then she uploads the hands to a teaching table, which I can then save, then later, as the table host at the teaching lesson, upload to the class.

It all would be so much simpler, and far more efficient, if she could just mail me through BBO mail one hand folder, containing all the hands she wants me to use. Better yet, would be if it were possible for her to be the table host, but enable me to download the teaching hands.

Liz

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users