BBO Discussion Forums: An idea: to play even if u have no internet - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

An idea: to play even if u have no internet

#1 User is offline   nepean1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-22, 01:30

I was thinking to those who wants to play bridge even when they have any internet connection available. what if you create some packages (let's say 1000 hands, independent or tournaments) that can be downloaded to play it off-line. the opponents and your partner will be always robots. I don' know if this kind of packages should be for free, or for bbo$ or as rewards.
Sorry if my idea isn't appropriate for you, or maybe someone else already had it.
best regards

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-22, 02:40

There are lots of apps that offer a bridge game for one person.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   nepean1 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-22, 07:24

Vampyr, on 2014-April-22, 02:40, said:

There are lots of apps that offer a bridge game for one person.

hi, I mean to play bbo without internet. i know bbo means BridgeBaseOnline but if you internet does not work to have a reserve. the difficulty i think is to build the rules of the game (played by robots - automatically) in an stand-alone application. my idea is totally in contradiction with the principle of the game (on-line).

#4 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-22, 07:27

nepean1, on 2014-April-22, 07:24, said:

my idea is totally in contradiction with the principle of the game (on-line).

Not at all. BBO's current "instant tournament" routine should be playable on a non-internet computer.

#5 User is offline   Hanoi5 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Video Games, Languages, Travelling.

Posted 2014-April-22, 09:22

What about playing in a real bridge club? What about inviting some friends over and play some rubber bridge?

If you want to be antisocial or have no friends or clubs available, you can always have a bridge problems book. Or just subscribe to the Bridge World and read!

View Postwyman, on 2012-May-04, 09:48, said:

Also, he rates to not have a heart void when he leads the 3.

View Postrbforster, on 2012-May-20, 21:04, said:

Besides playing for fun, most people also like to play bridge to win

My YouTube Channel

#6 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-22, 09:49

Bbradley62, on 2014-April-22, 07:27, said:

Not at all. BBO's current "instant tournament" routine should be playable on a non-internet computer.

How do you expect the GIB's to bid and play without running the GIB engine which is on the BBO servers? BBO would have to put together a standalone GIB installation package to run on the user's computer and write some kind of interface so that the instant tournaments run with the user's GIB engine.

At that point, you might as well buy a standalone bridge playing program, and several of them probably play a lot better than GIB these days.

#7 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-22, 11:41

Hanoi5, on 2014-April-22, 09:22, said:

What about playing in a real bridge club? What about inviting some friends over and play some rubber bridge?

If you want to be antisocial or have no friends or clubs available, you can always have a bridge problems book. Or just subscribe to the Bridge World and read!

This is so unnecessary. Everyone plays and practices at their own pace and in their own style.It's a fine idea and it doesn't make those who would like a way to play offline antisocial.

#8 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-22, 22:37

diana_eva, on 2014-April-22, 11:41, said:

This is so unnecessary.
Upvote

#9 User is offline   nepean1 

• Pip

Posted 2014-April-22, 23:46

Hanoi5, on 2014-April-22, 09:22, said:

I often play with real partners. but sometimes i am in places where it isn't internet coverage, without any bridge partners. this why i'm asking. to bring in this discussion terms like "antisocial" is not a good point.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users