• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A hand with Gib play randomly

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-20, 06:20

Basic robot

1- while J from dummy,Gib W Q,Gib N discarded 5 instead of ruff.
2- while Gib E play A,Gib W play K from dummy instead of J,such play is difficulty to understand even basic robot.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-20, 07:10

Despite the double, it may be far from certain from North's perspective that the Club honours are lying so favourably. If West has a Club honour then he cannot profitably attack clubs so as to put North to a guess. Thus, from North's perspective, leaving West on lead with the Heart Q has some attractions.

Then, having pitched a club from table, coming down to KJ doubleton, I think that it played the Clubs correctly. If both AQ are offside (unlikely, I know) then nothing works and it doesn't matter whether playing K or J. Likewise, if both AQ are onside, playing the J does not gain anything over playing the K. Either way you have one and only one Club loser, and one and only one Club winner. So the decision is down to which is superior line when the Club honours are divided. In that case, the double in the auction arguably places East with more likely having the Ace than the Queen, which argues for rising with the King.

So, I think that GIB played quite reasonably on this hand. May not be optimal but not really bad at all.

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   Lord Molyb 

• Slightly less bad player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge

Posted 2014-April-20, 07:36

1eyedjack, on 2014-April-20, 07:10, said:

Despite the double, it may be far from certain from North's perspective that the Club honours are lying so favourably. If West has a Club honour then he cannot profitably attack clubs so as to put North to a guess. Thus, from North's perspective, leaving West on lead with the Heart Q has some attractions.

Then, having pitched a club from table, coming down to KJ doubleton, I think that it played the Clubs correctly. If both AQ are offside (unlikely, I know) then nothing works and it doesn't matter whether playing K or J. Likewise, if both AQ are onside, playing the J does not gain anything over playing the K. Either way you have one and only one Club loser, and one and only one Club winner. So the decision is down to which is superior line when the Club honours are divided. In that case, the double in the auction arguably places East with more likely having the Ace than the Queen, which argues for rising with the King.

So, I think that GIB played quite reasonably on this hand. May not be optimal but not really bad at all.

Yes, but when he led a club to the king, east rose with the ace and the king was played under the ace.
Become yourself.

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-20, 08:40

Lord Molyb, on 2014-April-20, 07:36, said:

Yes, but when he led a club to the king, east rose with the ace and the king was played under the ace.

Oh yes I missed that. Yes, bizarre
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#5 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-20, 08:51

Pitching on the second round of hearts and ruffing on the third round is pretty bizzarre, too.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users