BBO Discussion Forums: On main recap, show if score is a top. - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

On main recap, show if score is a top.

#1 User is offline   mlynn 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-19, 15:38

I spend a lot of time going back and forth looking at my results. It would be really nice a top score was designated with some sign or color. I know I can look at the traveler, but it is nice to spend time where needed, not reviewing a top.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-22, 22:32

Where exactly are you looking at your results? Whenever I look at mine I see the % score (or IMP as appropriate) displayed adjacent to its summary before choosing to drill down to the hand. How does this not achieve your desire?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-23, 08:40

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-April-22, 22:32, said:

Where exactly are you looking at your results? Whenever I look at mine I see the % score (or IMP as appropriate) displayed adjacent to its summary before choosing to drill down to the hand. How does this not achieve your desire?

If your percentage is something like 95%, you can assume that it's probably a shared top, or the one score that beat you isn't very important. But suppose your score is 75%. Did you share a top with 25% of the field, or did 24% of the field do even better than you?

#4 User is offline   keeper2 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-23, 14:10

View Postbarmar, on 2014-April-23, 08:40, said:

If your percentage is something like 95%, you can assume that it's probably a shared top, or the one score that beat you isn't very important. But suppose your score is 75%. Did you share a top with 25% of the field, or did 24% of the field do even better than you?

Shouldn't that be "Did you share a top with 50% of the field?"?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users