BBO Discussion Forums: Double Squeeze Technique in C. Love - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Double Squeeze Technique in C. Love

#21 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2015-March-14, 05:34

Richard Pavlicek's excellent site has lots of instructional material about squeezes e.g.
Double squeezes
Double squeeze examples

#22 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-March-14, 10:16

First, thanks to nige1 for post. For instance this is the internet address i have indicated http://ghbridge.free...ticles/C32.htm. Mario Cicchelli is known yet for "Cicchelli" convenction (type asking-bid by Culbertson but with answer by step); Cino del Duca is known to have lead the little card togheter Queen (Qx) against a little slam contract, declarer impassed ..for 1 down, and this manovreous has become a classic one; Giorgio Belladonna is known altogheter. Another thing : for my advice should be, completely different theirself, almost 100 and maximum ( in a large range ) among 300-500 endings so that is diffcult to memorize these ones. I think there is a solution to this problem, (otherwise..?), bye.

#23 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-14, 10:34

Or, if had difficult to find, on Google search: Le squeeze facile - GhBridge (ghbridge.free.fr/articles/C32.htm).

#24 User is offline   masonbarge 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2015-March-14, 11:12

View PostLaocoon166, on 2014-April-28, 03:34, said:

Perhaps not, but it sure confused me. The author doesn't mention anything about 'guessing' the layout and seems to imply that the correct line is to play for clubs not to break. I was just doubting if that was the case.

Mr. Love breaks his own Rule #1, "just play bridge", on this hand. It is, I think, simply an exercise to show the technique. You would have to have strong information, somehow, to play for the bad break - a two-suited artificial overcall might do it. It would take time to construct the hand.

I also agree with everyone who thinks the terminology he uses is confusing. He does it in order to make his treatment systematic. In my own case, at least, it is easier (especially at the table) to completely bypass the terminology and incorporate the rules as a matter of intuition, or I suppose "trained intuition". That is, to know the sequence of cards.

#25 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-14, 16:58

In example, if let's consider endings 1), 3) and 5) from double squeeze example (see post #21) with Love notation are type R, type B2 and type B with two winners (all simultaneous because no winner is with unilaterals). For double squeeze with Cicchelli notation we have so:1f/- 2d/T -/1f -/C where T=is card of transfert for opposite a winners toghether a menace, the unilateral opposite therself are in favoreble position(=upper hand) and C is the card of squeeze (ending B). Type B2 or 3) than is this (ending C): -/1sf -/1f 3d/T N/C where 3d is 2 winners plus a menace and N=idle card, 1sf is K controlled in W and 1f is K controlled by E in fav. position. Last ending D is twin entry:1f 1sf 2dr/3dr C where 2dr and 3dr meanings is double menace with two winners repartited among the two hands.

#26 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-15, 02:33

Let's take n.7 Sequential double squeeze :this ending is sequential because there is a winner with unilateral (in spade) and is RFL because there is only a winner with double menace in diamond and it's required that other unilaterale is isolated. Than we have so ending F:North A J (2f) K (1sf) 4 (T) - East 2 A K Q - South 4 (T) - A 9 (2d) A © West K Q - J 10 where f=favoureble position/upper, sf=unfav.le/lower, T=transfert card, 2d=1 winner in suit with two card and a menace double (9=d), C=comprimente is the squeeze card.

#27 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-15, 05:27

View PostLovera, on 2015-March-14, 10:34, said:

Or, if had difficult to find, on Google search: Le squeeze facile - GhBridge (ghbridge.free.fr/articles/C32.htm).

http://ghbridge.free...rticles/C32.htm (this is the exact position of search)

#28 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-March-19, 08:46

The ending A is : N/S 1f/- 2d/T T/3d N or C/ C or N (N is an idle card and C squeeze card). In this ending one of the two double menace (=d) will be oriented (1sf if in N or 3f if in S) and you'll get always in ending B or C. The last ending (for this one an example is my post #19 where in spade Q 9 is 2f without comunication) is N/S 2f/- 2dr/3dr -/1f N/C(=i.e. Ace of club). A point of attention is when idle card is in suit of double menace (opposite) togheter T(=transfert card- T N/3d) that allows two situations : 1f and 2sf or 1s or 2f. In this case don't reduce ending (if you are not sure orientation) because squeeze doesn't work if you have wrong position infact this five cards ending is an automatic one ( an example is initial post of Lacoon).

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users