BBO Discussion Forums: playing with bots - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

playing with bots How to play with bots?

#1 User is offline   dandey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-11, 00:00

Am I in the right place for a discussion with other members? The newest post I have seen is August 2007. If this forum has not been abandoned, I would like to know if is possible to play games with three bots without the games automatically playing out their hands about 50 percent of the time. Is there a way to participate in every hand played? I'm unable to contact anyone using email or a phone number. I would appreciate a response from anyone regardless of whether you can help or not.

#2 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-11, 04:41

Hi Dandey,

If you are dummy, you obviously don't participate in the play. This should happen about 25% of the time. I am not sure what you would like to do about it.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

#3 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-11, 05:04

In many robot tourneys they swap you with your partner robot when you would be dummy, so that you always play the hands. This is very popular for obvious reasons.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-11, 09:21

Also, in most robot tournaments we arrange for South to get the hand with the most high card points, so NS are more likely to be declarer. When this is combined with South playing the hand when North becomes declarer, you should get plenty of practice in declarer play, rather than watching robots play with themselves.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-April-11, 09:24

I'm not sure why the newest post you see here is from 2007. I see a number of posts from the past week, and the pinned threads at the top of the list includes one with messages from February.

As I mentioned in your thread about registration problems, our email address is support@bridgebase.com. This address is posted at the top of the www.bridgebase.com home page, and most of our other web pages.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users