Make 3 Tricks

#1 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2014-April-04, 08:32

North: A62

South: KJ9

imagine that you know from the bidding and play so far that W is guaranteed to have the Q of the suit. What is your best chance of making 3 tricks?

Thanks,

Eagles
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#2 User is offline   kenrexford 

• Brain Farts and Actual Farts Increasing with Age
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:www.limadbc.blogspot.com editor/contributor

Posted 2014-April-04, 08:43

View Posteagles123, on 2014-April-04, 08:32, said:

North: A62

South: KJ9

imagine that you know from the bidding and play so far that W is guaranteed to have the Q of the suit. What is your best chance of making 3 tricks?

Thanks,

Eagles

Common situation. Lead the Jack. If LHO ducks, run it. If LHO covers, win the Ace and then finesse the 9 back. You are playing for LHO to have the Queen but for RHO to have the 10.
"Gibberish in, gibberish out. A trial judge, three sets of lawyers, and now three appellate judges cannot agree on what this law means. And we ask police officers, prosecutors, defense lawyers, and citizens to enforce or abide by it? The legislature continues to write unreadable statutes. Gibberish should not be enforced as law."

-P.J. Painter.

#3 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-04, 08:55

Ken, I posted in N/B for a reason ;) is it possible to spoiler your answer?

thanks,

Eagles
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#4 User is online   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-04, 09:13

Exit the previous trick to LHO ?

#5 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-04, 12:47

View Posteagles123, on 2014-April-04, 08:55, said:

Ken, I posted in N/B for a reason ;) is it possible to spoiler your answer?

thanks,

Eagles

The "thanks" in the signature to the original post gave a very strong signal that you did not know, were soliciting, and would appreciate an answer. I would not have appended a quiz style post in that manner.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#6 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-04, 12:58

thanks for the tip

#7 User is offline   Trinidad 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-April-04, 13:40

I guess this is strong evidence that experts do read the N/B forum to help them with their questions. ;)

Rik
I want my opponents to leave my table with a smile on their face and without matchpoints on their score card - in that order.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the new discoveries, is not “Eureka!” (I found it!), but “That’s funny…” – Isaac Asimov
The only reason God did not put "Thou shalt mind thine own business" in the Ten Commandments was that He thought that it was too obvious to need stating. - Kenberg

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users