Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dummy's view

#1 User is offline   DougC43 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-April-01, 04:26

Again, I'm new to the web version. In the old version I was (as dummy) used to seeing all 4 hands, and still prefer that. I understand this is not permitted on the web version, with the idea apparently being to prevent cheating. However, since someone who really wants to cheat can use the old downloaded version, this is sort of like outlawing guns to keep them away from criminals: a noble endeavour but perhaps a bit naive? Imposing new restrictions in the web version is not, in my opinion, the way to persuade users to shift to that version, and realistically this may keep me on the old version a while longer. And if I wanted to cheat, I would not be posting this right now!

#2 User is offline   uday 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-01, 05:30

View PostDougC43, on 2014-April-01, 04:26, said:

Again, I'm new to the web version. In the old version I was (as dummy) used to seeing all 4 hands, and still prefer that. I understand this is not permitted on the web version, with the idea apparently being to prevent cheating. However, since someone who really wants to cheat can use the old downloaded version, this is sort of like outlawing guns to keep them away from criminals: a noble endeavour but perhaps a bit naive? Imposing new restrictions in the web version is not, in my opinion, the way to persuade users to shift to that version, and realistically this may keep me on the old version a while longer. And if I wanted to cheat, I would not be posting this right now!

It isn't about cheating as much as it is about dummy ordering declarer to "Claim!" - just causes trouble. Both versions turn off the ability to look at opponents cards in tournaments & team games.

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-April-02, 16:45

or, as partner goes to take the two-way hook the right way..."wdp"
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users