Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing explanations

#1 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-30, 10:52

I don't know what causes it, or what if anything can be done about it, but I have observed over several months random occasions in which a bid is made by a robot, or by a human partnering a robot, which does not get alerted in the bidding window. Generally all bids are alerted and explained regardless of how "natural" the meaning.

I can understand that there may be occasions, particularly after a long and convoluted auction, particularly contested and/or at a high level, when the meaning may simply be undefined, but I am not talking about those occasions. Rather I mean sequences in which clearly there is a GIB agreement to the meaning, but it is simply not being displayed in the bidding window.

Indeed on some of these occasions if you mouse over the bid, you do get an explanation, only the bid is not alerted. On these occasions, if you go back to the hand record in MyHands the explanation is omitted from the history of the record even though it may have been available by mouse-over in the auction.

I have a hunch (and this could be completely AWOL) but I think that this may be more prevalent when using the mobile app. No scientific records to prove that and could be completely wrong.

Am I alone in observing this?

Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users