Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What's GIB's bar bid?

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-29, 02:39

I really don't know what GIB's bar bid is,I guess it is a pre-emptive bid,maybe.
If it is so,the bar bid range of 6-11 total points is not necessarily reasonable since there are some invitational values in 10pts plus hand.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-29, 03:01

Bar is short for barrage, another word for preempt

11 total points with that shape will be too weak in HCP to entertain game ambition opposite weak 1N rebid and no major fit
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Duplicate
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,

#4 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Triplicate

#5 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-29, 03:29

View Post1eyedjack, on 2014-March-29, 03:01, said:

Bar is short for barrage, another word for preempt

11 total points with that shape will be too weak in HCP to entertain game ambition opposite weak 1N rebid and no major fit

Thank you very much.
For this bard bid in this hand,I don't think it is a reasonable bid only with 5 card in the balance hand,especially with exact 10 hcp.Usually it indicates two suited with 4-6 distribution in the weak hand,the second suit should be a 6 card long minor suit,of course,to rebid it at three level is a standard pre-emptive bid,just we need to understand it maybe not have a good suit fit at three level.

#6 User is offline   1eyedjack 

Posted 2014-March-29, 06:39

I agree. Indeed personally I would prefer it to be invitational to 3N. Go through nmf with a GF hand and pass with no game interest

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users