Click here to play the hand

#2 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-28, 04:24

Spoiler

"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#3 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-28, 05:27

Damn I had to make EW bids more wide ranging for the point not to be missed :)

#4 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-March-28, 06:12

View PostFluffy, on 2014-March-28, 05:27, said:

Damn I had to make EW bids more wide ranging for the point not to be missed :)

Now i read the article and i finally figured what you were up to. While you are trying to teach something, you are expecting your students or your members to not do something that you probably want them to do in every single hand, which is to count opponents shape and hcps.

Playing E for K is just.... nuts. W cannot make a 1 overcall with 6 hcp and only KJxxx red vs white, he definitely has the K. Another reason why E can not have the K is that he bid 3. With K A and K + trumps he had an easy 3 bid.

Who has the Q is the main thing to decide. Not K. I guessed correctly and made because i believed KJxxx xx Qx Kxxx was more likely than the same hand w/o Q red vs white.

You have actually 2 reasonable lines

-If you believe W has Q play it like i did.
-Or after seeing 2-2 trumps, take early finesse, cash A and ruff a club. You are home if W has no more than 3 card Say it did not work, now you know complete distribution of opponents. W held 5224. You need to decide who has the Q of Bidding suggests W is more likely, shapes suggest E is more likely.
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#5 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2014-March-28, 09:06

yeah, but I overcall regularly on that kind of hands :)

#6 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2014-March-28, 09:20

I've switched the vulnerability to make it more plausible.

Maybe I should put myself on East, so people don't try to taunt with A+Q before going after diamonds, although it is a very strong line actually.

#7 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member

Posted 2014-March-28, 13:51

View PostFluffy, on 2014-March-28, 09:20, said:

I've switched the vulnerability to make it more plausible.

Maybe I should put myself on East, so people don't try to taunt with A+Q before going after diamonds, although it is a very strong line actually.

You should have given the JT to N hand and keep S 10 hcp, it is still a 1 opener for me but it will make S 10 hcp, make him open 2 ending up in 4 , opponents silent.

Perhaps better if you make dummy AJ9 and hand QT8xxx. You need to find a way of keeping opponents silent in order to not distract your readers from the point you were trying to make.

#8 User is offline   Fluffy 

Posted 2014-March-28, 14:18

easier is to switch spades and hearts, however this was based on a real hand, but the final contract was 5, and K was on south. Sadly 4 was going for a number so it was a stupid contract. All in all I should had given it a deeper thought :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users