BBO Discussion Forums: Transfering 5.2.21 from old computer to new - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transfering 5.2.21 from old computer to new

#1 User is offline   dhaskins 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-22, 15:15

I have the old downloadable version on my old computer. I have a new computer now and cannot figure out how to transfer 5.2.21 to my new computer. I have been trying for two weeks to use the online version and the type is just too small. I've played over 5,000 logins in BBO and don't want to give it up, but it's killing my eyes to use this version. I NEED to go back to the old version. Has anyone ever done this? If so, how? Thank you.

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-22, 16:03

I shall allow others to answer the specific question that you have asked, but I would just point out that from the menu buttons at the top, if you select "Options" then "More Options" you can in the Flash/cloud version
(1) Check the "big cards" box (Basic Table options)
(2) Choose pretty much any general chat font size (Basic General options)
(3) Choose pretty much any private chat font size (Advanced Options)

You may have already come across these, and decided that they were inadequate for your purposes, but I thought it worthwhile checking, while you are waiting for a response to the question raised.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   aguahombre 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-23, 18:24

Not exactly on topic, but I love the 5.2.21 version also. There was an announcement a while back that people new to BBO (after what date???) could not sign in using this version.

Questions:

1) What is that date?
2) Is there another "installable" download version for Windows which new folks can use?

Anyway, there is a prompt to download the old version and install it, instead of downloading the Web Client thing. That might get it done for the OP, since he has been around for a while.

The download of version 5.2.21 is #2 here
"Bidding Spades to show spades can work well." (Kenberg)

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-25, 01:15

View Postaguahombre, on 2014-March-23, 18:24, said:

1) What is that date?
2) Is there another "installable" download version for Windows which new folks can use?

The date is September, 2012. There's no new download version, we stopped all development of the Windows-only application when we came out with the web version that can be used on all operating systems.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users