• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lead out turn etc - EBU

#21 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-23, 01:38

View PostVampyr, on 2014-March-22, 16:58, said:

I don't know the situation at the OP's club, but at our local club a playing director in such a position would be entitled to A+, since it doesn't seem fair to punish people for volunteering. That is a good way to run out of volunteers!

I don't know about the OP's club either. Generally speaking, around here, if the TD is playing, it's because he wanted to make a full table. Also, generally speaking, he gets paid something.
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

#22 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-23, 10:43

View Postblackshoe, on 2014-March-23, 01:38, said:

I don't know about the OP's club either. Generally speaking, around here, if the TD is playing, it's because he wanted to make a full table. Also, generally speaking, he gets paid something.

That's obviously different.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#23 User is offline   VixTD 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-24, 07:36

View Postblackshoe, on 2014-March-21, 11:19, said:

Read the players the riot act about making their own rulings and not calling the TD, but give PPs only if handling the case causes other boards to be lost (and if that does happen, do give a PP to each player - rather than each side - because all four players should have called the TD originally). In the EBU that's 20% of a top, normally, for each side. If they think that's too much, tell them that if they were in the ACBL it would be 50%.

In the EBU a standard procedural penalty is 10% of a top at pairs, 3 IMPs at teams-of-four, 0.5 VP in matches scored by victory points (but see WB8.12.3 for a comprehensive list).

#24 User is offline   blackshoe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-24, 10:13

Sorry, I tend to think in terms of matchpoints, since I so rarely play anything else.

[pedant]Matchpoints, IMPs, VPs, etc. are forms of scoring. Pairs, teams, individual, etc. are formats of play.[/pedant]
--------------------
As for tv, screw it. You aren't missing anything. -- Ken Berg
I have come to realise it is futile to expect or hope a regular club game will be run in accordance with the laws. -- Jillybean

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users