BBO Discussion Forums: BBO mobile app version 3.8 Comments Thread - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO mobile app version 3.8 Comments Thread Please post feedback here

#1 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-March-11, 04:48

This release is very nice :D:D:D
I tried it on an iPhone (still have to check on the ipad... my preferred device).

But..
a) Chat is resizable :)
b) Results list show overtricks and undertricks :)
c) somehow the display of the cards in my hand and ops are much more attractive... perhaps the sizing has changed. :)

Very minor item... the "About BBO" section doesn't appear to show the release number.

All the best,
Alan

#2 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-March-14, 08:58

No official 3.8 thread I can see, so I'll report here.

Bug: impossible to play the 2nd card from the left from dummy's hand on the opening lead in portrait mode using iPad air.

Feature: not crazy about the new GIB explanations. They're more human-friendly but I'm afraid it might be at the cost of accuracy. I'm specifically referring to the new 8421 explanations - to make a positive response to 2 opener the explanation said I needed KQ. It's probably obvious that implies AK and AQ are also good, but is it obvious that AJ isn't enough?
For a cue bid in a suit that was previously bypassed, it just said "cue bid" and that it denies the ace of that suit - but it didn't say what it promises.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2014-March-14, 10:22

The new GIB explanations are not related to the mobile app upgrade. Robot upgrades apply to all online clients, and the download version when paying in tourneys.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-March-14, 10:48

View PostAntrax, on 2014-March-14, 08:58, said:

No official 3.8 thread I can see, so I'll report here.

Bug: impossible to play the 2nd card from the left from dummy's hand on the opening lead in portrait mode using iPad air.

We fixed a bug like this in the Android version, but we didn't think it existed in iOS. We're investigating and will try to fix it.

#5 User is offline   Rain 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-14, 13:17

This is the official comments thread for Mobile App Version 3.8. Will merge relevant threads into this too.

For details about what's new, please see here: http://www.bridgebas...n-380-released/

Comment away!
"More and more these days I find myself pondering how to reconcile my net income with my gross habits."

John Nelson.

#6 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-14, 22:40

Please merge this too: http://www.bridgebas...post__p__783397

#7 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-15, 01:35

So far unable to reproduce, but one time I had an issue where the font size on some of the cards was different (slightly smaller).

#8 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-15, 02:18

Antrax said:

1394809111[/url]' post='783397']

Good catch antrax. I can reproduce the second card from dummy bug using an older iPad and iPhone.(Easy to reproduce by Playing anonymous mode bidding 3nt every hand)
It's easy to get round it by turning the tablet to landscape mode.

#9 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-16, 14:03

With a Samsung Note 10.1 it still leaves the program memory resident when you back-button all the way out, leaving you to deploy a 3rd party app-killer.

And the back button appears to be entirely disabled if you are sitting at a table, at least mid auction.

And I should like to reiterate a request that a long-press of the back button should immediately close the app (subject fo an are you sure prompt) from wherever you are in the app.
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#10 User is offline   gerasimos 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-24, 02:16

I send this message to BBO Fri 21/032014

Dear BBO
I try the mobile version of BBO at my smartphone
Works perfectly , but
The screen of the table its overloaded with all the information so the space for the cards its small and can not use that properly.
I propose to leave only the hands and will be an option pop up if someone wants to see the last hand or the bid or other info of the game
Also the tab with the players profile its so tinny can not see well.
In general the exe old version is the most friendly for the users. Follow its principals.
Even the web version is not friendly.(exp. The list to choose partner its not flexible. Can ask one at the time – the old version is more fast friendly and flexible).
Thanks in advance I hope to take in count my proposals and mentions.
Gerasimos

If anyone have same thoughts pls write

#11 User is offline   nancywid 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-March-25, 17:50

I think the mobile app version is much more fun than the windows version, where there is no element of comparison with others. Does anyone know if there is a windows version planned? The games available on the Bridgebase.com page are improvements, but still it would be nice to see the IOS-type game.

#12 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2014-March-26, 01:10

View Postnancywid, on 2014-March-25, 17:50, said:

I think the mobile app version is much more fun than the windows version, where there is no element of comparison with others. Does anyone know if there is a windows version planned? The games available on the Bridgebase.com page are improvements, but still it would be nice to see the IOS-type game.

There's nothing in the mobile version that isn't in the web version. And all versions of BBO have duplicate scoring.

The only game that's in the mobile and web versions that isn't in the windows app is Instant Tournaments. Since we stopped all development of the Windows version years ago, and have no plans to resume it, this game will never be added there. If you want to play in Instant Tournaments on your desktop, use the web version.

#13 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-03, 11:12

Gib W put down an eight-card club suit in the dummy with clubs trumps (so on top), and the rightmost cards obscured the played cards somewhat.

#14 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-04, 12:23

View Postbarmar, on 2014-March-14, 10:48, said:

We fixed a bug like this in the Android version, but we didn't think it existed in iOS. We're investigating and will try to fix it.

Just wondering if a fix will be coming soon in the iOS version. It's embarrassing when this happens in a game and noone believes my excuse.
Alan

#15 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-04, 20:33

alanrick you can move to landscape (horizontal) and then play the card. It only doesn't work on portrait.

#16 User is offline   alanrick 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-May-05, 01:28

I know, that's what I posted earlier in the thread. But in practice, in the heat of the moment, you often don't notice that the wrong card was played until too late. It only happens in about 1/20 hands and I rarely play on the ipad, but that is what makes the sporadic nature of this bug all the more annoying.

PS: Until this mobile release I never played on the ipad (just practiced), so all praise to version 3.8 :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users