BBO Discussion Forums: Help settle an argument :) - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help settle an argument :)

Poll: Help settle an argument :) (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Your call?

1. Pass (2 votes [4.65%])

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

2. Double (41 votes [95.35%])

Percentage of vote: 95.35%

3. 5H (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 5D (0 votes [0.00%])

5. something else (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 User is offline   ArtK78 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Poker, participatory and spectator sports.
    Occupation - Tax Attorney in Atlantic City, NJ.

Posted 2014-February-25, 09:41

View Postnige1, on 2014-February-25, 06:58, said:

Agree with Lurpoa about remarks that are deliberately hurtful to individuals. IMO, we shouldn't upvote them, however amusing.

Agree with Lurpoa about what? All she did was quote MrAce's signature.

Her post has nothing to do with this thread and is totally out of place.

#22 User is offline   MrAce 

• VIP Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-25, 19:00

View Postnige1, on 2014-February-25, 06:58, said:

Agree with Lurpoa about remarks that are deliberately hurtful to individuals. IMO, we shouldn't upvote them, however amusing.

What strikes me the most is someone agreeing with Lurpoa and finishing his sentence with a complaint about upvoting. Who would guess this except than a siggy which says stupidity is boundless. Never the less a great candidate for "most hopeless and clueless comments" topic.

Did you really think what upvoted was my siggy ?

I also don't understand why would my siggy hurt anyone,since none of my siggies have a specific name addressed. Unless of course the offended people see themselves very well defined in these phrases, Posted Image

But the rules and laws of so called civilized society has changed so much in a way, now we live in a society where we are more concerned about the civil rights of abusers than the abused ones and start seeing the abused ones as abusers. Then we forget that Lurpoa upvotes daily until she runs out of her daily upvote available, and we forget that every member in forums lost their privilege to downvote because of her, then we forget that she contributes nothing except than "be the love with you" or enlarged symbols or "discuss it with your pd" and see these as her rights while see those whoever reacts to her abuse, as abusers. We can even have a momentarily insanity and agree with her even though we did not understand what she tried to say and what was up voted . When the momentarily insanity lasts longer than couple seconds we may even go head and post this.

Interesting logic, but definitely consistent with your views about bridge.
"Genius has its own limitations, however stupidity has no such boundaries!"
"It's only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is always a way to solve problems without using violence!"

"Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say."

#23 User is offline   Lurpoa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:SEF
    BBOAdvanced2/1
    2/1 LC
    Benjamized Acol
    Joris Acol
    Fantunes
    George's K Squeeze

Posted 2014-March-24, 11:28

View PostArtK78, on 2014-February-25, 09:41, said:

Agree with Lurpoa about what? All she did was quote MrAce's signature.

Her post has nothing to do with this thread and is totally out of place.

Just that they take a lot of place.
and a lot of colour

... well for somebody who doen't like hearts.....even little tittle one :

PS: i keep the Mystère-car for next post. Too much room taken here

Bob Herreman

#24 User is offline   Lurpoa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:SEF
    BBOAdvanced2/1
    2/1 LC
    Benjamized Acol
    Joris Acol
    Fantunes
    George's K Squeeze

Posted 2014-March-24, 11:54

LOL- Logic :)

NOT TRUE,

and as always ....(censured)

Your modern society, seems to be the one, were the one who shouts most and loudest is King.

View PostMrAce, on 2014-February-25, 19:00, said:

What strikes me the most is someone agreeing with Lurpoa and finishing his sentence with a complaint about upvoting. Who would guess this except than a siggy which says stupidity is boundless. Never the less a great candidate for "most hopeless and clueless comments" topic.

Did you really think what upvoted was my siggy ?

I also don't understand why would my siggy hurt anyone,since none of my siggies have a specific name addressed. Unless of course the offended people see themselves very well defined in these phrases, Posted Image

But the rules and laws of so called civilized society has changed so much in a way, now we live in a society where we are more concerned about the civil rights of abusers than the abused ones and start seeing the abused ones as abusers. Then we forget that Lurpoa upvotes daily until she runs out of her daily upvote available, and we forget that every member in forums lost their privilege to downvote because of her, then we forget that she contributes nothing except than "be the love with you" or enlarged symbols or "discuss it with your pd" and see these as her rights while see those whoever reacts to her abuse, as abusers. We can even have a momentarily insanity and agree with her even though we did not understand what she tried to say and what was up voted . When the momentarily insanity lasts longer than couple seconds we may even go head and post this.

Interesting logic, but definitely consistent with your views about bridge.

Bob Herreman

#25 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-24, 12:02

As an aside, I wrote a Greasemonkey script to hide signatures on this forum. If anyone's interested, it's below (in spoiler tags to not stretch the page too much). If you only want to remove signatures (and not the "interests" field under a poster's name) just comment out or delete the last line (RemoveInterests())
Spoiler

#26 User is offline   Zelandakh 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-24, 17:15

View PostAntrax, on 2014-March-24, 12:02, said:

As an aside, I wrote a Greasemonkey script to hide signatures on this forum.

Could you not just uncheck "View members' signatures when reading topics?" under Profile->Forums?
(-: Zel :-)

Happy New Year everyone!

#27 User is offline   Antrax 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-March-24, 21:54

I'm... I'm not sure how to feel just now.

#28 User is offline   rmnka447 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, Golf, Soccer

Posted 2014-March-25, 14:53

Double seems right.

3 would have shown limit raise plus, 3 shows and values with presumably tolerance for s.

So 3 shows some competitive values and a fit, but what? Since responder isn't marked with a lot, I don't think double at this point is mandating that they defend. Rather I think it's more informatory that the responder's "constructive" values include some defense.

It's important for responder to tell opener this because opener's 4 bid is somewhat ambiguous. Responder can't know whether opener's 4 was pushing to a thin game, bidding to make, or bidding on with a monster. Double simply tells responder's story and leaves the decision to opener.

If instead of 3 , responder had bid 3 showing values, a double in this situation would demand defending.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users