BBO Discussion Forums: bidedit (system card) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1

bidedit (system card) Instruction?

#1 User is offline   snillrik13 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-February-02, 05:03

I have tried to write down full system documentation in the bidedit program.It is quite an extensive work but I find the idea very good. However there are some functions I cannot manage. Is there an instruction somewhere?

#2 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-February-02, 10:18

View Postsnillrik13, on 2014-February-02, 05:03, said:

I have tried to write down full system documentation in the bidedit program.It is quite an extensive work but I find the idea very good. However there are some functions I cannot manage. Is there an instruction somewhere?

There is no obvious help document for bidedit that I am aware of. You can change the bidding position with one pull down box and the vulnerability conditions with another pull down box. If you vary your bids by seat and by vulnerability it will make fillout the fields much more complicated.... :)

If you have some specific questions, email me at inquiry at bridgebase dot com and I will try to do a cut and paste job with jpgs in a PDF document to answer your specific questions with illustrated examples.
--Ben--

#3 User is offline   snillrik13 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-February-03, 05:35

View Postinquiry, on 2014-February-02, 10:18, said:

There is no obvious help document for bidedit that I am aware of. You can change the bidding position with one pull down box and the vulnerability conditions with another pull down box. If you vary your bids by seat and by vulnerability it will make fillout the fields much more complicated.... :)

If you have some specific questions, email me at inquiry at bridgebase dot com and I will try to do a cut and paste job with jpgs in a PDF document to answer your specific questions with illustrated examples.

Great thanks

#4 User is offline   Kungsgeten 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-February-05, 09:14

I wrote BML to make the process a bit quicker (at least it is quicker for me). You can write something like:

1C = 16+
1D = Nebulous. 2+ diamonds, 11--15 hcp
1M = 5+ major, 11--15 hcp
1N = 14--16
2C = 6+ clubs, 11--15 hcp
2D = Precision. Three-suiter with short diamonds, 11--15 hcp
2M = Weak
2N = Weak with 5-5 minors
3X = Preemptive
3N = Gambling
4m = Namyats
4M = Preemptive

1C---
1D = Negative, 0--7 hcp
  1H = 20+ hcp
    1S = Second negative
      1N = 20--22
      2C = Artificial GF
      2X = 5+ suit, 20+ non-forcing
      3C = 5+ suit, 20+ non-forcing
    1N = Balanced GF
    2X = 5+ suit, GF
  1S = 4+ spades, 16--19 hcp
  1N = 17--19
  2CDH = 5+ suit, 16--19 hcp
1M = Natural GF
1N = Natural GF
2m = Natural GF

This text can then be converted into bss-format. You can also convert it to html or LaTeX. It may have some bugs but I think it works pretty well overall. There's a thread in this forum about it and you can also find out more here: https://github.com/Kungsgeten/bml

#5 User is offline   granguru 

• PipPip

Posted 2014-February-06, 11:07

Hi:

I have made a lot of extremely complicated CC with the bidedit during the years, as it was the Ultimate Club system, where I surpassed the maximum permitted storage size. Which is it right now?

Now, I have constructed the FULL Fantoni-Nunes system, with around 500 KB bss file. (normal versions have around 50 KB)

1. If I use the CC all goes well, but when we open and they interfere, alerts dont popup on the bidding box. Why could it be?
At some moment I remember having seen, over our weak NT openings, SW choosing the wrong overcall, apparently selecting a 3rd seat overcall alert, when it wasnt the case. But at least it has shown something and if we put just the most common defense it should work. What can be happening?

2. 2 lines, (2C 2D and 2C 2H) are corrupted, probably because detailed explanation originally written was extremely long. I eliminated them (the entire opening) and the whole tree of that opening alerts do vanish except for those 2 lines, who reappear again and again. I have tried to eliminate them through the notepad editor but, after it seems all perfectly correct, they still re-appear when using the new version of the bss file. Merging will probably function if I merge the old bss into a new bss where those 2 lines are already described. Am I right?

3. Is there a way to select opponents corresponding overcall for the same bid?. Say, we open 1NT and they bid 2D, which has different meanings according to what each pair play. How to select the right one when we have described many alternatives trees? It seems this point is not solved.

4. Are there some display problems if one player is using windows and the other web's? Is there any uncompatibility?

5. What is the best method to update the CC while you are playing, (even you might not havr them available till next session)?

6. What is the right method, without sending the file thru email, to transfer new versions to your partner?

7. After you made a set of bid sequences over an overcall and you give it a tag, new addings to that set cant be tagged as the tag field becomes blocked. How can it be done? Say, you tag "Ghestem" to a set of responses over an Italian Ghestem 2C intervention over your 1C opening. After a while you want to add new responses over that overcall, but now you cant put the initial tag (or any other) to this new bid.

thanks a lot

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users