Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Diffident GIB grand slam

#1 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-February-01, 20:01

A great pity that I lost grand slam in this decent hand.When GIB bid 5 to ask my trump Q,my answer is 6 since I know Q is not so important with extra length of trump.However GIB is very very diffident to bid 6 with all keycards and all kings in both hands ! Maybe this is a blind spot of GIB.Posted Image

#2 User is offline   1eyedjack 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-02, 05:04

I just wonder whether South has enough to push on to 7?
Aside from asking about trump Q and side Kings, what does 5S show?
Psych (pron. saik): A gross and deliberate misstatement of honour strength and/or suit length. Expressly permitted under Law 73E but forbidden contrary to that law by Acol club tourneys.

Psyche (pron. sahy-kee): The human soul, spirit or mind (derived, personification thereof, beloved of Eros, Greek myth).
Masterminding (pron. mPosted ImagesPosted ImagetPosted Imager-mPosted ImagendPosted Imageing) tr. v. - Any bid made by bridge player with which partner disagrees.

"Gentlemen, when the barrage lifts." 9th battalion, King's own Yorkshire light infantry,
2000 years earlier: "morituri te salutant"

"I will be with you, whatever". Blair to Bush, precursor to invasion of Iraq

#3 User is offline   Bbradley62 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-02, 12:57

If North doesn't go to 7, maybe the correct thing to do is bid 6 over 6 to show that K and leave a more-informed decision to South?

#4 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-July-19, 01:25

View Postlycier, on 2014-February-01, 20:01, said:

A great pity that I lost grand slam in this decent hand.When GIB bid 5 to ask my trump Q,my answer is 6 since I know Q is not so important with extra length of trump.However GIB is very very diffident to bid 6 with all keycards and all kings in both hands ! Maybe this is a blind spot of GIB.Posted Image

Hi Lycier. I have seen that i have dedicated most part of your time to GIB that you should know its "language".GIB is cautelatif because is a robot and anytime has not data to proceed. Instead you should know that having 4 Aces GIB with a positif answer must have the other 3 Kings because it is one of the requisites (the other is Ace in a suit and KQ in another suit), bye.

#5 User is offline   lycier 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2015-July-19, 04:48

View PostLovera, on 2015-July-19, 01:25, said:

Hi Lycier. I have seen that i have dedicated most part of your time to GIB that you should know its "language".GIB is cautelatif because is a robot and anytime has not data to proceed. Instead you should know that having 4 Aces GIB with a positif answer must have the other 3 Kings because it is one of the requisites (the other is Ace in a suit and KQ in another suit), bye.

Hi Lovera

First of all,I should thank you for your kind reply.
For this hand,I think there are two main issues:
First,it is about the explanations of 6,6 said " One of four key cards -- 5+,19+hcp,23+TPs,1+controls in ."
Obviously that is incorrect,it should show Q+K instead of 1+controls in .
Second,bidding style issue --- who should be a best captain? Obviously it should be 2 opener.
However I have to tell you that my robot is basic,maybe advanced robot never play that.
So now it seems that it is meaningless for us to discuss basic robot issues on robot forum。

Thank you again.
Best Wishes

Lycier

#6 User is offline   Lovera 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I'm also on YOUTUBE with a channel of music songs .

Posted 2015-July-19, 05:39

View Postlycier, on 2015-July-19, 04:48, said:

Hi Lovera

First of all,I should thank you for your kind reply.
For this hand,I think there are two main issues:
First,it is about the explanations of 6,6 said " One of four key cards -- 5+,19+hcp,23+TPs,1+controls in ."
Obviously that is incorrect,it should show Q+K instead of 1+controls in .
Second,bidding style issue --- who should be a best captain? Obviously it should be 2 opener.
However I have to tell you that my robot is basic,maybe advanced robot never play that.
So now it seems that it is meaningless for us to discuss basic robot issues on robot forum。

Thank you again.
Best Wishes

Lycier

Thanks to you. Explanation of 6: see well because doesn't tell 1/4 keys but instead Q+King as you are saying. About captaincy you are right but having GIB bids 4NT, however, it is solved necessarly considering positives answeres to 2, bye.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users