BBO Discussion Forums: BBO FORUM POSTERS VS JEC SAT 2pm EASTERN - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO FORUM POSTERS VS JEC SAT 2pm EASTERN feb 15 and march 1 ANY TAKERS

#1 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2014-January-27, 13:28

LAST match forum got off to a fast start but it was pretty much JEC after the first 6 boards. so our record remains a

dismal 3 and 100+. Jec has been nice enough to make sure a top notch medical staff is on hand in case the massacre

is too much for us to handle:)) anyone else want to go before the meat grinder???? sign up here at least wed noon eastern

before game time and all players wishing to reserve a spot must sign on here and agree to play.

#2 User is offline   eagles123 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Crystal Palace

Posted 2014-January-27, 13:36

good luck to the BBF players! maybe me in a couple of years ;) :D
"definitely that's what I like to play when I'm playing standard - I want to be able to bid diamonds because bidding good suits is important in bridge" - Meckstroth's opinion on weak 2 diamond

#3 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-27, 22:15

Let's see if I get ignored again... I'm up for it
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2014-January-28, 04:23

I'm taking Blacksmithing classes next few weeks. However, at some point in time I'd be willing to give things another go.
Alderaan delenda est

#5 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-January-29, 17:33

View Postchasetb, on 2014-January-27, 22:15, said:

Let's see if I get ignored again... I'm up for it

I was wondering what you meant about ignored sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. When I go to the forum I read

each message and then I reply (every time I read something new). When I revisit I do not read what I have seen before

but take up my reading from my last comment so I missed your "edit".

Now take this last post you are up for it means what you are willing to play both dates??? please post again with

a bit more specificity so I can make plans. If you are willing to play w/o a regular partner would you be willing to

get some practice session in with me since I have seen some not regular partnerships get hammered mercilessly

playing JEC. The reason I ask about practicing with me is that we do not have many (never have) individuals looking

to play most want (not unreasonably) a regular partner. Let me know

#6 User is offline   gszes 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-08, 12:25

ONE WEEK from next JEC match and so much competition the judges are having trouble making any decisions

about whom is going to represent the BBO FORUM POSTERS----------The rules sub committee has been complaining

vociferously that the seniority rules are just too complex to administer when such a high volume of volunteers are present.

The current run down of current volunteers (i hope there is enough space)

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am sorry but ran out of room at 1430. There could be cancellations and while your chances of getting in

and actually playing against JEC appear small if you have enough seniority you never know unless you volunteer. I wish I could give

you an update as to the committee's current choices but they say they are a good 2 days from coming up with the current top 4 and

that is assuming the ever growing list of volunteers does not overwhelm them further:))) With so many to choose from I have a

good feeling about this and the next match march 1 ---------------------------------who knows with so many volunteers and such a wide

range of experience to draw from the BBO FORUM POSTERS may never lose to JEC again.

#7 User is offline   chasetb 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2014-February-14, 20:17

Since there hasn't been any posts, am I to assume that February 15th is off? I didn't have any time this week to play (don't have a regular partner at present), but IF some people decide they want to beat down JEC on March 1st, I should be able to get on some.
"It's not enough to win the tricks that belong to you. Try also for some that belong to the opponents."

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself."

"One advantage of bad bidding is that you get practice at playing atrocious contracts."

-Alfred Sheinwold

#8 User is offline   RunemPard 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge...some other things too I suppose.

Posted 2014-February-14, 21:54

I should be able to play tomorrow if needed. 2/1 with simple gadgets.
The American Swede of BBF...I eat my meatballs with blueberries, okay?
Junior - Always looking for new partners to improve my play with..I have my fair share of brilliancy and blunders.

"Did your mother really marry a Mr Head and name her son Richard?" - jillybean

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users