Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

transforming .dup to .lin files

#1 User is offline   Spooky 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 09:38

As regular training we get bidding hands to do by email. But emailing back and forth is not easy, we tend to use the partnership bidding option in BBO, but we don't have the hands in BBO, so the auction looks ridiculous with the hands in the movie. So I thought we could import into BBO and bid them. But I could get .dup file, or .pbn... I tried too import the .pbn it seemed to work, but I could only bid the last board of the set and it went to random deals. As I tried to convert the .dup file to .pbn or a .lin file (which is needed in bbo) but it got the same problem, showing only the last board.

Does anyone know how to make this work? So we can bid a set made and saved as dup (or pbn) at BBO partnership bidding table?

thanks a lot

#2 User is offline   FM75 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2014-January-12, 14:04

http://www.bridgebas...-lin-converter/

Instructions for converting .pbn to .lin. Each hand in a .lin file can be represented as a single line. IIRC multiple hands can be loaded with one file. Off hand I can't remember whether it matters whether the lines are separated by a LF or CR-LF.

#3 User is offline   Spooky 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-13, 12:09

View PostFM75, on 2014-January-12, 14:04, said:

http://www.bridgebas...-lin-converter/

Instructions for converting .pbn to .lin. Each hand in a .lin file can be represented as a single line. IIRC multiple hands can be loaded with one file. Off hand I can't remember whether it matters whether the lines are separated by a LF or CR-LF.

thanks a lot, this helped a lot. I got all hands working now, but now I encoutered another problem with it, we want North to be dealer on all boards.. but I can't find a parameter in the .lin file(opened in wordpad) to change it. is it possible to change a dealer on a given board? or is that BBO standard 1=north dealer, 2=east etc?

thx!

#4 User is offline   inquiry 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:Bridge, what else?

Posted 2014-January-13, 12:41

View PostSpooky, on 2014-January-13, 12:09, said:

thanks a lot, this helped a lot. I got all hands working now, but now I encoutered another problem with it, we want North to be dealer on all boards.. but I can't find a parameter in the .lin file(opened in wordpad) to change it. is it possible to change a dealer on a given board? or is that BBO standard 1=north dealer, 2=east etc?

thx!

Before uploading the lin file to the bidding table, use a text editor to change md|# where # is 1, 2, 3, or 4 to md|3, that should make north the dealer on all deals
--Ben--

#5 User is offline   Spooky 

• Pip

Posted 2014-January-14, 09:32

View Postinquiry, on 2014-January-13, 12:41, said:

Before uploading the lin file to the bidding table, use a text editor to change md|# where # is 1, 2, 3, or 4 to md|3, that should make north the dealer on all deals

OK found it, thanks a lot!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users