BBO Discussion Forums: The 2013 Posties are coming - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The 2013 Posties are coming get those nominations in!

#1 User is offline   daveharty 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Bridge, juggling, disc sports, Jane Austen, writing, cosmology, and Mexican food

Posted 2013-December-24, 15:46

It's that time of year again...time to recognize those who have made outstanding contributions to the BBO Forums community. The purpose of the Posty Awards--now in its third year--is to "give a pat on the back to those posters who have gone the extra mile in their efforts to inform us, instruct us, edify us, and amuse us with their words." The categories are:

Newcomer of the Year
"Bridge in the Real World" Award
Thread of the Year
Individual Post of the Year
Most Helpful Poster for N/B Players
Poster of the Year

Nominations will be accepted until midnight EST (GMT -5:00) on Friday, 3 January 2014 Friday, 10 January 2014. The official nomination thread is here. I will also monitor this thread for nominations if you want to do it here. I will post a recap of current nominations within the next couple of days; I haven't had a chance to review them yet. Voting will take place after nominations are closed. The number of nominees in each category may determine the voting format; I am strongly in favor of the "approval voting" which was suggested by mgoetze last year and seemed to work well.

Those who wish to review last year's winners can find the results thread here.

Thanks to everyone who has participated this year and in the past by nominating worthy candidates, by voting in the polls, and most of all by creating such a wealth of valuable content in these forums. Bridge is enriched immeasurably by your efforts.

Happy holidays, and best wishes for the New Year!
Revised Bridge Personality: 44 43 33 44

Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper

#2 User is offline   Lurpoa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:SEF
    BBOAdvanced2/1
    2/1 LC
    Benjamized Acol
    Joris Acol
    Fantunes
    George's K Squeeze

Posted 2013-December-25, 13:18

View Postdaveharty, on 2013-December-24, 15:46, said:

It's that time of year again...time to recognize those who have made outstanding contributions to the BBO Forums community. The purpose of the Posty Awards--now in its third year--is to "give a pat on the back to those posters who have gone the extra mile in their efforts to inform us, instruct us, edify us, and amuse us with their words." The categories are:

Newcomer of the Year
"Bridge in the Real World" Award
Thread of the Year
Individual Post of the Year
Most Helpful Poster for N/B Players
Poster of the Year

Nominations will be accepted until midnight EST (GMT -5:00) on Friday, 3 January 2014. The official nomination thread is here. I will also monitor this thread for nominations if you want to do it here. I will post a recap of current nominations within the next couple of days; I haven't had a chance to review them yet. Voting will take place after nominations are closed. The number of nominees in each category may determine the voting format; I am strongly in favor of the "approval voting" which was suggested by mgoetze last year and seemed to work well.

Those who wish to review last year's winners can find the results thread here.

Thanks to everyone who has participated this year and in the past by nominating worthy candidates, by voting in the polls, and most of all by creating such a wealth of valuable content in these forums. Bridge is enriched immeasurably by your efforts.

Happy holidays, and best wishes for the New Year!

Yes, the poster of the Year, must be me.

Be The with You
Bob Herreman

#3 User is offline   daveharty 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bridge, juggling, disc sports, Jane Austen, writing, cosmology, and Mexican food

Posted 2014-January-02, 16:22

I haven't had a chance to do anything bridge-related (or Forum-related) since I posted this, so I'm extending the nomination deadline for a week. I will try to do an update shortly which will include current nominees.
Revised Bridge Personality: 44 43 33 44

Dianne, I'm holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies... --Agent Dale Cooper

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users