Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Virus BBO so slow

#1 User is offline   Chatter1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2017-October-04, 11:08

Is there a bug in BBO as for the last few weeks now everything has been so slow in BBO and when trying to adjust results after a board (when directing) the results will not show

#2 User is offline   The_Badger 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Bridge, Chess, Film, Literature, Herbal Medicine, Nutrition

Posted 2017-October-04, 14:37

View PostChatter1, on 2017-October-04, 11:08, said:

Is there a bug in BBO as for the last few weeks now everything has been so slow in BBO and when trying to adjust results after a board (when directing) the results will not show

Welcome to the forum, chatter1 :)

Sad to say I have experienced some slowness with BBO too recently, especially when posting on these forums. I usually have to retry to get a post accepted. Thankfully it doesn't get lost in cyberspace but it does take a second attempt to get it to post. I've changed absolutely nothing on my computer so I can only assume it's a problem with the servers. The strange thing is that a couple of other sites I use have also gone a bit tardy on me, whereas everything else seems absolutely ok.

#3 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-October-05, 01:18

Try to use the web version, see if it's faster and whether adjusting boards works.

The old version is obsolete, it's very possible that things start failing here and there, and we can't fix it anymore.

Not sure why you titled this Virus. I don't think you can pick viruses in the old downloadable .exe

#4 User is offline   dave251164 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2017-October-05, 03:14

I have had problems with the GIBS playing incredibly slowly at times in the new Day Long Tourneys, which is very distracting. Sometimes they do play on after a pause, but at other times they don't come back and they boot you from the tourney saying something like 'critical error', but so far I have always been able to click on it again and play on.

#5 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2017-October-05, 03:40

View Postdave251164, on 2017-October-05, 03:14, said:

I have had problems with the GIBS playing incredibly slowly at times in the new Day Long Tourneys, which is very distracting. Sometimes they do play on after a pause, but at other times they don't come back and they boot you from the tourney saying something like 'critical error', but so far I have always been able to click on it again and play on.

The critical error messages show a network problem. But like you noticed, in daylongs you can click and rejoin even if the table closes for whatever reason. Sometimes it's slow connection on your side, other times it can be slow connection to the robots.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users