• You cannot reply to this topic

JEC 11/2 Board 24,26,28

#1 User is online   jillybean 

• hooked
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Multi

Posted 2013-November-03, 10:39

I've lost my mind by this stage, feeling like I have to bid more, bid game.

#2 User is online   awm 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2013-November-03, 11:30

In these late boards where it's not close, sometimes it's better to play normal bridge and try not to embarrass yourselves; sometimes you also learn something.

If you are really trying to swing enough IMPs to win, usually the way to do this is to underbid. Good teams bid pretty much every good game contract at IMPs (as well as a lot of not-so-good ones); trying to bid games even more aggressively than they do will usually just lead to minuses. Instead, keep in mind that they are bidding a lot of 30-50% games and if you stay out of all these games (and they don't make) you can pick up a lot of ground. This also has the potential of partially nullifying their declarer play advantage. Basically you are hoping that the "normal" but pushy IMP games don't make, or that aggressive partscore bidding exchanges a plus on defense for a minus on offense at the other table. These are both very common events (if somewhat negative IMP odds overall).
Adam W. Meyerson
a.k.a. Appeal Without Merit

#3 User is offline   the_clown 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2013-November-03, 13:50

I dont mind the 3NT bid in hand 2, since partner will play DD and maybe can endplay W couple of times to make on a better day.

In 1. bidding to the 3 level with 4-4 can never win, if its right to sacrifice partner will certainly go too high and looking at your hand its impossible they have a slam on. If you really wanted to bid you could double, but that would be really agressive.

Last hand 4 is an overbid, but at least there is some (little) chance that its right.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users